Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Princess and the Frog Reviews (Spoilers) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'm a bit surprised no one has reviewed the new movie yet! I can't hold it in any longer... I thought the movie was very well done. The animation was ...
    Belle84 is offline A-Ticket holder

Princess and the Frog Reviews (Spoilers)

I'm a bit surprised no one has reviewed the new movie yet! I can't hold it in any longer...

I thought the movie was very well done. The animation was beautiful and the characters were all well-rounded and dynamic. I really liked Tiana as a new Disney Princess. She is a hard worker, smart, family oriented, and beautiful...everything we need in a princess, right? My second favorite character was Ray- so funny! When he died I truly got teary. I also loved Charlotte and the fact that she and Tiana were friends.

My biggest problem was the voodoo. It was so creepy and sinister (and not in a fun, "it's just a movie" kind of way) that it is almost ruining the whole thing for me. I think I need to see it again to make a final decision

I can't wait to hear what everyone else thought...
    Belle84

tmgsjv is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Princess and the Frog Reviews (Spoilers)

I too went and saw the movie and was pretty well awed. The animation projected with the new digital technology of today made it a truly vibrant and artistic piece of work. While the voodoo may seem to sinister, it was and is a very real part of the New Orleans culture. I thought the story played out well and didn't seem to drag. The animation was just incredible. This will be a Disney Classic. Did anyone else notice the huge number of allusions in this film to other Disney Films? Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, just about every modern classic was represented in this film. My favorite was the magic carpet from Aladdin.
    -TMGSJV
    August 2008 - SSR
    September 2009 - All Star Movies
    November 2009 - AKL Kidani Village
    March 2010 - FWC / Boardwalk Villas
    August 2010 - BLT
    March 2011 - AKL Jambo / BLT
    May 2011 - AKL Kidani / POFQ
    August 2011 - Boardwalk Villas

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Disney pushes witchcraft in too many of their films IMO.

disneymystic is offline C-Ticket Holder

There is nothing wrong with witchcraft. Also, seeing how most Disney films are based on fairy tales where magic is a heavy part..what exactly do you expect them to focus on? So, Cinderella should had no Fairy Godmother, Snow White had no Evil Queen, No Genie in Aladdin, No Sleeping Beauty. The Princess and the Frog has magic in it originally..thus the Frog part. As it was tied into New Orleans, it was going to have voodoo in it.

WISH LIST
    Stayed in Bay Lake Tower: Check
    Seen the Cinderella Suite: Check
    Propose at Disney World: Check
    Married At Disney World: Pending (eventually)
    Worked at Disney World: Double Check
    Travel to Other Disney Parks: Tokyo Check
    Victoria And Albert's Chef Table: Waiting
    Become A Part of WDW Radio Forums: DONE

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Ray was by far my favorite character. The whole theater I was in was silent when they pushed him off in the leaf. LOVED the fact that he joined Evangeline, too!

I liked the voodoo. That's all part of "Nawlins". Creole and Cajun territory. It's all part of the culture. I really liked the shadows and how they were animated. Especially when you see the shadows bouncing around the trees. So cool!

As a musician, I absolutely LOVED the music. "Ma Belle Evangeline" was my favorite just because of the context, but "Dig a Little Deeper" was my favorite musically. They made the right choice with Randy Newman making the music.

Naveen had some pretty good one liners, too. "It is not slime. You are secreting mucus."

Ray: "Aw, I broke my favorite tooth..."

Tiana: "You messed with the shadow man?!"
    Naveen: "He was very charismatic."

Plenty more, but I won't say any more of them. LOL
    Funny funny stuff in that movie. Definitely looking forward to future animated movies now!
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

We went this weekend and LOVED it! We had to come home and get the soundtrack for our MP3 players...Did anyone else notice that when Ray joins Evangeline that Evangeline becomes the second star on the right (aka the wishing star from Peter Pan)My son pointed it out as we left the theatre.
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by disneymystic View Post
    There is nothing wrong with witchcraft.
    Sure. It's a healthy, productive pursuit.

disneymystic is offline C-Ticket Holder

I believe that is a discussion for another board and another forum as this could get heated fast.

WISH LIST
    Stayed in Bay Lake Tower: Check
    Seen the Cinderella Suite: Check
    Propose at Disney World: Check
    Married At Disney World: Pending (eventually)
    Worked at Disney World: Double Check
    Travel to Other Disney Parks: Tokyo Check
    Victoria And Albert's Chef Table: Waiting
    Become A Part of WDW Radio Forums: DONE

Yensid_Retlaw is offline D-Ticket Holder

Well it wouldn't be a forum without negative comments (Unfortunately). I loved the movie! Thought the animation, characters and voice talents were very well done. And although I can understand some people thinking that the songs are not very memorable I have to agree with them to a certain extent. It took me many a listen to the soundtrack to realize that the music is AMAZING! After actually listening to what Dr. Facilier says in his song just solidifies him as my favourite Disney villian! Tiana's almost there has really grown on me and Dig a Little Deeper is just fantastic, as well as both Rays songs. Overall a beautifully done movie!

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! Just a dream away!

"A Tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier"

"Cause I've got friends on the other side!"

A proud D23 Charter Year member.

And a dedicated Lead Manager at the Disney Store in Georgian Mall, Barrie, Ontario! 3 years! I almost get a Pluto pin!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

I was raised in New Orleans and just moved out in 2000 but my family is still there and I visit at least once a week.The Voodoo was a little over BUT it is the cultural and the city until last year had a arena football team called New Orleans Voodoo. Alot people don't know that Voodoo was in New Orleans also had Christian beliefs and practicies in it being the cultural in New Orleans was Spanish and Creole. I used to drive tour buses there back in the 90s and heard just about every tour they offered at the time and some of the history there including Voodoo is amazing.
    Also for folks who are not from there..there was ALOT one liners that wouldn't mean anything to you where absolutely hilarious. (i.e. the line when Ray asks the frogs if they're fromShreveport)
    Disney definitely did their homework and it showed for us locals. This was a really good representation of New Orleans and the Bayou and the River.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

What were some of those one-liners and what did they mean?
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

DOasDREAMERSdo is offline A-Ticket holder

LOVED IT...an instant classic :]
    I thought it was really well done...full of Disney magic but not overly "princessey" (not that there's anything wrong with that!)
    I'm listening to the soundtrack on YouTube right now actually :]
    Any wish is possible,
    all it takes is a little courage to set it free

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    Also for folks who are not from there..there was ALOT one liners that wouldn't mean anything to you where absolutely hilarious. (i.e. the line when Ray asks the frogs if they're fromShreveport).
    I've BEEN to Shreveport. Try being stuck in airport for over four hours with nothing to do but walk around in a square. Absolutely NOTHING hilarious.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Just saw the movie today with my kids and niece. I really liked it. It was cute to see some children dancing when the music was going! I thought Tiana was done very well. My niece said her favorite part was when they kissed and she turned into a princess. Tiana was smart and clever.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Finally took my daughter to see it. Ok, so I finally took my daughter so I could see it. I thought it was very good. I was looking forward to seeing the animation. Was not disappointed. I too thought Randy Newman was perfect for the score. The music was great. Looking forward to the next Disney animated movie.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast