Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Alice in Wonderland in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Just saw Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3D. Anyone else? It was definitely pretty wild....
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Alice in Wonderland

Just saw Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3D. Anyone else? It was definitely pretty wild.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Alice in Wonderland

Heard it's positively dreadful, so I'll be saving my $15.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Alice In Wonderland

I just got back from seeing AIW. It was good, but I couldn't help but feeling disappointed when I left the theater. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be (i.e. story line, plot). It had a cheesy climax, that seemed somewhat thrown together. It had Burton's dark flavor, which I love, but it wasn't up to his usual weirdness level.

Johnny Depp played a fantastic Hatter that should earn him an Oscar nomination. I got a chill the first time he had a mood swing. The 3-D was great, as were the graphics.

I'm a die hard fan of the 'Alice' books, so that's probably why I'm so critical and disappointed with the film. I'm not saying you shouldn't go see it, you should see it at least once. I'm just saying don't go into the theater expecting the greatest Disney film yet.
    -Zac

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Had not heard yet that it was dreadful, was really looking forward to it.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Alice In Wonderland

Thanks for the review. Someone else said it was a dissapointment.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I didn't think it was dreadful. How can you hear it was bad? It just came out yesterday. I never listen to movie critics. It was my first IMAX 3D movie. Yes tickets were $14.50 but I rarely go to the movies. Was it the best movie I've ever seen? No. But it still kept my interest. the visual effect were interesting.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

The reviews were pretty bad in general. The gist of most of them are that it looks pretty but it makes no sense, Burton didn't really follow Carols ideas at all and just kind of made up his own thing, and that the plot is cheesy and boring. But... it looks pretty. I don't know if anyone uses rotten tomatoes (my boyfriend and I argue all the time about how accurate it really is) but it's around 50% on there... which means that about half of all reviews of the movie were positive and half were negative.

I think I'll go see it anyways, but the alice cartoon always gave me nightmares when I was a kid and I hated it... so I don't really have warm fuzzies when I think of alice and wonderland in the first place haha.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I LOVED it but I just saw the regular version. But wish I could have seen it in imax 3d!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

DlandPirate is offline A-Ticket holder

I have to agree to this. I saw the movie on Sunday and it was okay. There was no real plot to the story and was very Burtonesque. So, I don't know what to make of it. Those who like action, there is a good action sequence, but other than, did not satisfy my Alice In Wonderland thoughts.

Yensid_Retlaw is offline D-Ticket Holder

I saw it Sunday as well. And I went in happy and excited but came out feeling that I just wasted my time. Don't get me wrong it was not horrible but nor was it great. Johnny did play a great part but I don't think it will garner him an Oscar nod as he was a minor character after all was said and done (at least from what I consider a minor charcter) Disney built him up to be the main character but didn't live up to it. And for those who have seen the movie..... Why the dance? Was that really necessary? Anyway so minor nit picks were that the plot lines moved along to fast which keeps you from enjoying the movie. For instance... When she has to find the Volpe sword you think it's going to be a little bit more drawn out but it's not! It's very anti climactic and leaves you feeling empty. And why was Crispin Glover all CGI!? Crispin has a very natural acting ability but I felt it was kept under wraps due to The Mad Hatter and Johnny Depp. Overall not bad but it will not be something I go see again unless someone else is paying.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! Just a dream away!

"A Tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier"

"Cause I've got friends on the other side!"

A proud D23 Charter Year member.

And a dedicated Lead Manager at the Disney Store in Georgian Mall, Barrie, Ontario! 3 years! I almost get a Pluto pin!

suznels is offline B-Ticket Holder

Wow! I'm really surprised by all of the negative reviews. I really didn't want to see it (not into dark and weird) but my daughter and niece wanted to so I ****ed it up and took them with my Mom. We all LOVED it!!! Honestly I thought it was fantastic!! Go see it for yourselves if you're at all interested.
    Suzie

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I saw it last weekend with my brother. We both loved it. I thought it was amazing. It is now one of my favorite movies.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫