Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Why Does This Book Cost So Much in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'm looking for a copy of The Disney Mountains: Imagineering At Its Peak by Jason Surrell and am shocked at how much its costs...with a new one approaching $1,800 on ...
    ljutic213 is offline A-Ticket holder

Why Does This Book Cost So Much

I'm looking for a copy of The Disney Mountains: Imagineering At Its Peak by Jason Surrell and am shocked at how much its costs...with a new one approaching $1,800 on Amazon.

I'd post a link to Amazon but am too new around here and as such this forum will not allow me to...but, please do a search yourself to verify.

Does anyone know why the value of this book is so high? Thanks for any help!

Jed

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Why Does This Book Cost So Much

That's got to be a misprint...or somebody's hitting the crack pipe a little too much! Go to Border's or Book A Million online and check there.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

I ordered mine from borders and it was the cover price or less.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I saw that price on Amazon. Barnes & Noble has a used book for $12.63.

ljutic213 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for the other options. Strange about the big difference between Amazon and the others. Huh.

Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Seems that the book is out of print and some enterprising individuals have decided to jack up the price to force it as a collector's item. That is just plain absurdity. I've seen some legendary older Disney books priced well below that and they have been out of print for decades. What is weird is that it seems everyone has followed suit on this and jacked up the Used and collector's price on these. I don't know that the demand is actually that high or if it's just a case of someone unfairly setting a price high and then a bunch of people following suit in an effect to bilk someone out of their money. It's horrible. Amazon needs some system in place to better gage this.