Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Toy Story 3: 90 Reviews all positive in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Toy Story 3 Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes So far on Rotten Tomatoes Toy Story 3 while expected to be a big hit with audiences is proving to be ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Toy Story 3: 90 Reviews all positive

Toy Story 3 Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

So far on Rotten Tomatoes Toy Story 3 while expected to be a big hit with audiences is proving to be a big hit with critics.

Be wary though there's a critic out there named Armond White who gives bad reviews to movies that are praised and good reviews to movies that are trashed.
    WDW Radio Android App.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Toy Story 3: 90 Reviews all positive

Ya, I noticed that it has 100% on rotten tomatoes (so does the first two Toy Story movies). I'm going to see in an hour and a half and my pockets are filled with Kleenex in preperation (the trailer made me cry the first few times I saw it, I don't know if I can handle the movie haha).

SJT
    SJT is offline A-Ticket holder

WOW, now it's 130 100% feed back!!!!! I'm going to see it!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Alright, I saw it... and I had to stay in the theater and hide under my 3D glasses for a bit after the end haha. Although to my defense, so did about half the theater and even my bf had to wipe away a few tears. It was really good though!

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

not gonna lie, even my eyes started to water. thank god for the 3D glasses and the the clips at the end
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    Toy Story 3 Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

So far on Rotten Tomatoes Toy Story 3 while expected to be a big hit with audiences is proving to be a big hit with critics.

Be wary though there's a critic out there named Armond White who gives bad reviews to movies that are praised and good reviews to movies that are trashed.
    Armond has done it again. His review of Toy Story 3 was the dumbest thing I have ever read. No insight into the movie at all other than saying it was all about consumerism which as hard as I try to think about it makes absolutely no sense at all. You know he didn't even give it a chance because he thinks Hamm is a villain in the movie, probably because he didn't pay attention enough to realize the opening scene was Andy's imagination and not the real events taking place.

That being said, what an amazing movie. I have held my tears before but I fought as hard as I could this time around. What an epic movie. Buzz, Woody, Rex, Hamm, and Mr. Potato Head are like the Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto of CGI. Word is that our favorite Toy friends will have their own short before Cars 2 next year. Can't wait to see it already.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Not as good as I was hoping. I counted three times when the film sloweded down enough for me to check my watch to see what time it was. Didn't laugh as much at this one as I was expecting, either. Guess they're ending the series just in time.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

My DS saw it last night and he said it was awesome, I may go Friday night.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

bonoferox is offline A-Ticket holder

I was blown away by it. Absolutely perfect way to and a brilliant franchise (even if they may be back in short story form)

Ominusrex is offline B-Ticket Holder

Saw it Friday night and i was completely satisfied that opening sequence made me so happy. And the rest of the movie was just amazing. We and several other folks were like visibly and audibly moved by the movie. That scene towards the end when there altogether holding hands made me the most emotional.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Guess it's the cynic in me, but that scene didn't get me at all. Knowing that Disney was not going to kill off it's main characters, there was zero suspense in that sequence. Obviously they're not going to burn up. Wasn't sure how they were getting out, but you knew that they were.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Guess it's the cynic in me, but that scene didn't get me at all. Knowing that Disney was not going to kill off it's main characters, there was zero suspense in that sequence. Obviously they're not going to burn up. Wasn't sure how they were getting out, but you knew that they were.
    This scene wasn't like any other scene I have seen before in a family type movie. Yes there are plenty of times where characters come to find themselves on the verge of dieing but in this scene it is a whole family you can say that are not just coming close to death but they all accept that they are going to die and have given up and during that time the most important thing to them is that they are together. I saw the film twice and got choked up both times during the scene even though I knew they would survive. Even the first time I knew it would be the aliens to save them because they were the ones that got separated but it still choked me up. I saw it the second time with my mom and she didn't get choked up in that scene either though so you're not alone. I'm just giving the reason why it affected me the way it did.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

It's a brilliant scene all around from the camera angles, the animation, the music. Just brilliant.
    WDW Radio Android App.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I thought the movie was good. Having a son the same age as Andy, who is also going to college, did get the eyes a little watery at the end. It's amazing how you can get emotional from an animation.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Ominusrex is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow View Post
    This scene wasn't like any other scene I have seen before in a family type movie. Yes there are plenty of times where characters come to find themselves on the verge of dieing but in this scene it is a whole family you can say that are not just coming close to death but they all accept that they are going to die and have given up and during that time the most important thing to them is that they are together. I saw the film twice and got choked up both times during the scene even though I knew they would survive. Even the first time I knew it would be the aliens to save them because they were the ones that got separated but it still choked me up. I saw it the second time with my mom and she didn't get choked up in that scene either though so you're not alone. I'm just giving the reason why it affected me the way it did.
    You hit the nail on the head with why that scene was so moving. It's not because they were in jeopardy. Yeah we knew they'd make it out of it. But in that scene was a realization that inevitably all things come to an end, jobs, relationships and even life and with that a sense of acceptance and that's what was well depicted in that scene.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast