Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Disney XD in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I was wondering if anyone watches the Disney XD channel? I've animated on several series which air on it. ("Yin Yang Yo!" and presently "Jimmy Two-Shoes") Do you like the ...
    anim8rguy is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney XD

I was wondering if anyone watches the Disney XD channel? I've animated on several series which air on it. ("Yin Yang Yo!" and presently "Jimmy Two-Shoes") Do you like the programming? Or would you rather see more of the traditional Disney stuff. I personally prefer the older Disney animated shows and shorts myself. Just wondering what everyone else thinks about it.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Disney XD

My kids watch it. They like it. I prefer more traditional Disney shows. You would think with all of the channels Disney has, especially on digital cable, at least one of them would feature traditional shows/cartoons.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I like Phineas & Ferb and the older shorts they show for 5 minutes. My kids mostly like the regular Disney Channel.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i would like to see more of the older and tradtional catoons... i think if they had a channel like that it would get the viewing to support it.. my tv would always be on it.. well sundays no.. i have to watch trueblood..lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Ominusrex is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by anim8rguy View Post
    I was wondering if anyone watches the Disney XD channel? I've animated on several series which air on it. ("Yin Yang Yo!" and presently "Jimmy Two-Shoes") Do you like the programming? Or would you rather see more of the traditional Disney stuff. I personally prefer the older Disney animated shows and shorts myself. Just wondering what everyone else thinks about it.
    Oh wow so you're an animator ? Well to answer your question i truly would love to see the older Disney animation shorts and stuff on a channel of it's own. I remember the old stuff like "The Coyote's Lament ","Pecos Bill"
    ,"Paul Bunyan" and "Johnny Appleseed" i grew up watching things like that and when "The Disney Channel" first started that's what made up alot of it's programming. I have to be honest with most of the newer animation although great for kids today does not capture the imagination like those older things did ( at least not for me) but maybe for todays generation it does !

anim8rguy is offline A-Ticket holder

Yes. I agree. The older animated stuff had more to it. I've always thought that hand drawn animation is much more lively and organic. Its a shame that there isn't too much of it left, mainly due to shedules and of course money and production costs.

wernier is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I like Phineas & Ferb and the older shorts they show for 5 minutes. My kids mostly like the regular Disney Channel.
    Phineas & Ferb are so innovative to do things. Also Perry the Platypus(the secret agent) is also quite funny.