Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Favorite Disney non-trivia book? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'm looking for a good end-of-the-summer read. Any books out there worth reading if you're a CM hopeful? I heard Kingdom Keepers is good...anything else I should put on my ...
    WDWCCO is offline A-Ticket holder

Favorite Disney non-trivia book?

I'm looking for a good end-of-the-summer read. Any books out there worth reading if you're a CM hopeful? I heard Kingdom Keepers is good...anything else I should put on my shopping list?

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Re: Favorite Disney non-trivia book?

Of course, there are so many books out there that can inspire you about Disney, and also about being a CM. I have biographies about Walt, books about Imagineering, trivia books, etc. A book I bought recently by Lee Cockerell (former Executive Vice President of Operations at WDW Resort) called "Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies From a Life at Disney", inspired me even more to strive for the true Magic.
    It's a business oriented book, and may be boring to some, but it was very good for me, personally, to get an even better inside feel for the way our favorite company operates, and why!

BTW...
    I'm a Disney Store CM here in Austin, Texas.
    Last edited by Dizisit; 08-06-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to include the title of the book, of all things...!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I read Cast Member Confidential which is a less than flattering look at a CM's experience. For fiction, I am currently reading, Hidden Mickey Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales and enjoying it. Both are available for Kindle download.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Yep. I've read TONS of less-than-flattering stuff myself before, and since, I became a CM. Granted, I have yet to work in any of the parks, but, so far, have nothing less-than-flattering to report. Sorry.
    Please, DEFINITELY, read all you can pro and con, but, ultimately, the only way you will ever be able to truely come to your own conclusions about being a Disney CM will be your own experience AS one.

Best of Luck!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

I love the Jason Surrell books - I have the Disney Mountains book (which is one of my faves by the way) and also his ones on The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. Fab photos and really good reads.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon