Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Tangled=Disney Shrek? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by WDW4Ever I've had a chance to talk to a couple animators about it and Princess & The Frog. They thought, and I kinda have to agree, that ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Tangled=Disney Shrek?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I've had a chance to talk to a couple animators about it and Princess & The Frog. They thought, and I kinda have to agree, that Princess & The Frog didn't really get the respect that it deserved. They like Tangled better than Princess & The Frog so I really think that Tangled will be good. I was most disappointed with the Disney 'fans' because they demanded that 2D animation be brought back, and soon as they make Princess & The Frog, they're not happy with it. You wanted 2D animation, they gave it to you, then you proceed to slam what they come up with.
    I guess fans forgot to ask for a "good" 2D film instead of just asking for a 2D film.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

dman1373 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I'm excited for Tangled. I've had a chance to talk to a couple animators about it and Princess & The Frog. They thought, and I kinda have to agree, that Princess & The Frog didn't really get the respect that it deserved. They like Tangled better than Princess & The Frog so I really think that Tangled will be good. I was most disappointed with the Disney 'fans' because they demanded that 2D animation be brought back, and soon as they make Princess & The Frog, they're not happy with it. You wanted 2D animation, they gave it to you, then you proceed to slam what they come up with. And you wonder why they're doing different things. If you're not going to like anything they make, they might as well try some different things while being reprimanded for it.

Not too excited about the name change to Tangled, and neither were they. But I've yet to hear of anyone who is.

In contrast to that, they didn't get how Cars was so popular. Let's be honest here, Cars wasn't really all that great. It was a pretty plain story. And I think they're hoping to fix that with Cars 2 and some unexpected twists that are in that movie with the international espionage. Cars was unique in the sense that sales increased AFTER the movie was released on DVD and all the die-cast toy cars came out, unlike other movies where sales decrease shortly after the movie is in the theaters.

Sorry for the digression, but all in all, I think Tangled should and will be good.
    Well personally, I don't care what type of movie it is as long as it is good. Princess and the frog was just not good. The songs were bland, the story was rushed, and the main character is someone you (or at least i can not get behind.) It seems like, they were trying to just make a princess movie because they thought they could cash in on the old princess movies. And they did. Its like how Avatar (which i didn't like at all), cashed in on the 3d bug. Now would i prefer to have them make a good 2d over a 3d(meaning cgi) movie, yes. But thats only because Pixar (A DISNEY STUDIO) is already making great 3d(meaning cgi) movies. But if tangled turned out to be good then i would enjoy it all the same.

And about cars. Yes it was simple, but sometimes simple is all you need. It was about a guy (i won't use car because that would be to goofy) who fell in love with a town and the people in it. Then the people falling in love with him. Just a community accepting an outsider. Now thats as Disney as you can get. Now if you want to talk about simple movies, watch Bambi. That movie was simply the things that happen in nature, but it still was a classic, because they had great characters, and a "real" character development.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

its simple... good story+decent animation= successful Disney movie

its all about story... if the story is bad... what do we think the movie will be...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I think Disney's problem is they've been spending more time on merchandise development than on story development.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

i agree... how about making a good movie... then going into merchandise overkill...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Agreed, gents. I just visited the new Disney Store in Manhattan on Monday and there was a ton of Princess and the Frog plus there. Not to mention the bombardment I encountered at DLP. The odd thing is that there is more merchandising for the frog and the alligator than there is for the human princess.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

The two most popular characters were Louis and Ray
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Agreed, gents. I just visited the new Disney Store in Manhattan on Monday and there was a ton of Princess and the Frog plus there. Not to mention the bombardment I encountered at DLP. The odd thing is that there is more merchandising for the frog and the alligator than there is for the human princess.
    and what does that say for this film...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Come to think of it, Joe, Disney has put way too much merchandising into films whose product never moved. Visit any Disney Store outlet and you'll find lots of WallE, Ratatouille (how the heck did I even spell that one correctly?), and Bolt merchandise. A few plush toys are fine. Action figures have rarely if ever sold well for Disney. So those lines should never have been conceived. And if you are going to create this junk, don't over-produce it to the point where you might as well just stick the price reduction tags on it as it leaves the warehouse.

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Come to think of it, Joe, Disney has put way too much merchandising into films whose product never moved. Visit any Disney Store outlet and you'll find lots of WallE, Ratatouille (how the heck did I even spell that one correctly?), and Bolt merchandise. A few plush toys are fine. Action figures have rarely if ever sold well for Disney. So those lines should never have been conceived. And if you are going to create this junk, don't over-produce it to the point where you might as well just stick the price reduction tags on it as it leaves the warehouse.
    Pretty soon, not soon enough for me, Duffy the Bear merchandise will join the overstock crowd. Duffy, welcome to your new home . . . Big Lots!

Mike, that has been their M.O. for years... the fact that you still see Bolt merchandise is an embarrassment... the more you look into WDW the more strange and ridiculous merchandise you find... check the Downtown Disney stores trenD and D Street... urban clothing... more like some old unsellable merch...

and as an aside... i do like going to D street but i do find that Disney recycles their unsold merchandise to sell them as like urban clothing... splash some purple on it and voila...!
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

dman1373 is offline B-Ticket Holder

thankfully winnie the pooh is coming up after tangled. Hopefully they make it into a decent movie.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm quietly waiting for the next installment of The Apple Dumpling Gang.

They need to move soon, while Tim Conway is still alive.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Believe it or not, Yogi Bear actually looks decent. Great to see they're holding true to the original character. I could actually see myself checking that one out and skipping Tangled altogether.

Believe it or not, Yogi Bear actually looks decent. Great to see they're holding true to the original character. I could actually see myself checking that one out and skipping Tangled altogether.
    you know while being dragged to see Harry Potter by my cousin at midnight on friday i happened to sit through the coming attraction for Yogi Bear... now i had seen the poster for it and wondered how on earth Dan Akyroyd and Justin Timberlake's voices would matchup... but after seeing the C A man they really hit the nail on the head... voice wise...

plus as an aside... this HP thing is a guilt trip my 17 year old cousin has over me... i couldnt take her once and my punishment has now been to see the last 3 opening night at midnight... at least theres popcorn...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast