Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Tangled=Disney Shrek? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'd rather have this than a sequel to Home on The Range....

Re: Tangled=Disney Shrek?

I'd rather have this than a sequel to Home on The Range.
    there's nothing to get hung about

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    you know while being dragged to see Harry Potter by my cousin at midnight on friday i happened to sit through the coming attraction for Yogi Bear... now i had seen the poster for it and wondered how on earth Dan Akyroyd and Justin Timberlake's voices would matchup... but after seeing the C A man they really hit the nail on the head... voice wise...

plus as an aside... this HP thing is a guilt trip my 17 year old cousin has over me... i couldnt take her once and my punishment has now been to see the last 3 opening night at midnight... at least theres popcorn...
    Yes, the voices do sound great, the setting (from what I've seen) looks awesome, too. If they keep it in the forest, we're fine. Seeing the Smurfs run around NYC is bugging me, so unless they somehow bring in an awesome Gargamel, I probably will have to skip that movie.

As for Harry Potter, enjoy. I've seen one Potter film ever, the second one, and it was in the theaters. Half way through the film, my friend Danielle yelled out to the screen, "It's in the f'ing bathroom. Find it so we can go the heIl home already!!!". Everyone in the theater laughed, and suddenly there was a collective, "Yeah, these movies really do stink, don't they?" moment. I won't see this one, though I do want to see how they wrap up the series. I gave up on the books after #4. On my way to Scranton/Wilkes Barre to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra this past Sunday night, I tried listening to the seventh book on my iPod. I really did give it an honest try. But half way through Chapter 2, I had to bail out. Sorry Jim Dale. Loved you in "Pete's Dragon", but not even you could save this borefest for me. Hopefully these next two movies will be better than the book, so I can skip Part I now and see Part II next year.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by StitchFan23 View Post
    I'd rather have this than a sequel to Home on The Range.
    Good call. ANYTHING with RB is odious.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just listened to the soundtrack for Tangled. I don't hear princess and fairy tale, I hear pop album. The score portions of the soundtrack are great but the songs don't seem to go with the visuals.The opening song could have been performed at the CMA's.

Hope I'm wrong on this. Had high hopes.
    Last edited by Major Dude; 11-20-2010 at 06:44 PM.
    BareFozzie in the box

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I've seen one Potter film ever, the second one, and it was in the theaters.
    I saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at Citywalk not long after it came out. Picture the scene - CROWDED screen, an atmosphere (for some) of anticipation... the intro credits fade in with the theme music...

...and cue some wise-*** at the very back -

"Dumbledore dies!"

I swear I haven't laughed as hard as that in public for years.

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    I saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at Citywalk not long after it came out. Picture the scene - CROWDED screen, an atmosphere (for some) of anticipation... the intro credits fade in with the theme music...

...and cue some wise-*** at the very back -

"Dumbledore dies!"

I swear I haven't laughed as hard as that in public for years.
    there's nothing to get hung about

They did that on a radio show, too. Gotta love ruining it for the nerds, huh?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Dude View Post
    I just listened to the soundtrack for Tangled. I don't hear princess and fairy tale, I hear pop album. The score portions of the soundtrack are great but the songs don't seem to go with the visuals.The opening song could have been performed at the CMA's.

Hope I'm wrong on this. Had high hopes.
    That's pretty much true of most movies these days, unfortunately. The soundtrack is nothing more than a random selection of radio hits that they mindlessly threw together in an effot to sell a soundtrack, not a movie. Dreamworks does much the same thing with voicetalent. "Sure our movie ****s, but hey, look who's in it!" Blech.

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Okay, I have to put my thoughts on this topic in the post. I read through the entire thread before making any comments and here is a little what I picked up on. I read several people saying that the new Tangled movie does not look like a Disney movie. I for one would be bored if every movie was made the exact way and there was the same underlying "disney" appearance. A company should be able to make some change or attempt at using new techniques and keeping up with the theme. I do believe Disney has had several movies that have not done well, but I think it should be noted that most of the best Disney movies were made during Walts time and he is not here to create the amazing movies he did during his life. As for those that came after his death that were good, most of those animators are no longer there. This is a new generation of animators who are working to bring Disney into a new age of creating Disney movies.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, but felt I would just add my opinion to the board. I think we should all wait and see what the movies are actually like before marking them as a failure.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by londonpup09 View Post
    Okay, I have to put my thoughts on this topic in the post. I read through the entire thread before making any comments and here is a little what I picked up on. I read several people saying that the new Tangled movie does not look like a Disney movie. I for one would be bored if every movie was made the exact way and there was the same underlying "disney" appearance. A company should be able to make some change or attempt at using new techniques and keeping up with the theme. I do believe Disney has had several movies that have not done well, but I think it should be noted that most of the best Disney movies were made during Walts time and he is not here to create the amazing movies he did during his life. As for those that came after his death that were good, most of those animators are no longer there. This is a new generation of animators who are working to bring Disney into a new age of creating Disney movies.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, but felt I would just add my opinion to the board. I think we should all wait and see what the movies are actually like before marking them as a failure.
    but theres a difference... with Disney you look for a certain commitment to detail and an overall appeal... the last few have sorely lacked that... heres hoping that this one has a good storyline... because without it this will be forgotten before it even leaves the theaters...

and mike... the last HP reminded me of the Sopranos episode where Pauly and Christopher lose the Russian guy in the woods... i mean they literally walked through the woods for more than half the movie... i left at 2:30am with a good amount of popcorn in me and a nap as well...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

but theres a difference... with Disney you look for a certain commitment to detail and an overall appeal... the last few have sorely lacked that... heres hoping that this one has a good storyline... because without it this will be forgotten before it even leaves the theaters...

and mike... the last HP reminded me of the Sopranos episode where Pauly and Christopher lose the Russian guy in the woods... i mean they literally walked through the woods for more than half the movie... i left at 2:30am with a good amount of popcorn in me and a nap as well...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

-Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

i am sorry for posting this 3 times but my comp froze each time i hit post... oops... sorry all...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Precisely. I tried reading book #4 and there were literally a hundred pages of the kids going on a hike to watch the flying broom match thingie. A hundred pages. I kept skipping and skipping but it never ended. And something like that obviously has little to do with the plot. It was just her way of shockingly reaching 500 pages in a kids' book by padding it with fluff. Dumb.

exactly what i was thinking... so a kid can go back to school and say to their English Teacher "hey i read a 500 page book... isnt that cool...?"

not really considering an adult can read it in a few hours so long as we dont throw it out the window first...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast