Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Tangled=Disney Shrek? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by MartianCrab I think Disney's problem is they've been spending more time on merchandise development than on story development. How 'bout it. Bonding with Duffy. Originally Posted by ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Tangled=Disney Shrek?

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I think Disney's problem is they've been spending more time on merchandise development than on story development.
    How 'bout it. Bonding with Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    My point in starting this thread was I thought the animation of Tangled looked similar to Shrek. As far as hoping for it to succeed or fail; I don't have a horse in this race. It just doesn't interesting to me so I won't be seeing it.
    I sent my DD at college, who I am waiting to see Tangled with a text saying "Lordie they look like Shrek Character's and have the same mannerisms" after I watch all the trailers online. Looking forward to it even if it appears to me, the imagineers were inspired more by Shrek than Pixie Dust.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by seekeroftruth46 View Post
    Yeah Tangled was AMAZING most definitely Disney's best outing since the Lion King. It had the same feel as the Disney classics of the past, kicked Princess and the Frog in the butt AND it's kicking *** at the Box Office. By far Disney's best film in years and years. Looks like they are finally bouncing back. Yeah pretty much every single negative post here was proven wrong since Tangled basically succeeded on all levels. It was definitely NOT a flop.

It just goes to show you that all the haters and those who want it to fail in the end have no idea what they are talking about.

Oh also, anyone who hated this film must hate Disney films or something. Or just have a bad taste in movies. But that's just me.

It is currently in second place at the box office behind the Harry Potter film but will likely snag the number 1 spot. I doubt Pixar's "fairytale" will be able to blow this out of the water.

The songs sung by the characters were pretty memorable as well as the performances from Rapunzel and Flynn. I actually didn't want the film to end and would actually want a sequel even though Disney has a bad reputation for those.

Wow! and welcome to our happy place.

We really are a friendly group around here, we agree to disagree, or it would be a bore not to have differing opinions. We are all great fans of Disney not haters in our bio's, yet many of us fail to praise everything Disney does. My pet peeve lately is Duffy, as an example. We are a bit of a family of sorts. Lou our leader kinda created this place as a friendly place. Please read our threads and join in the fun.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Personally, I'd prefer to see more Disney movies like Meet the Robinsons and The Incredibles.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I thought Meet The Robinsons was way underrated
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i would have to agree... though i am not a fan of most of the early 2000's Disney Animation films... this one was surprisingly pretty good... the problem with this film was that it was in the middle of the Disney/Pixar mess... and this film was Disney's way of trying to prove they could do CG better than Pixar... and though it came out good... it wasnt on par with what Pixar was doing and thus was forgotten even by Disney... something tells me if the Disney/Pixar marriage would have happened in time for Pixar to get their hands on this film... they might have been able to fix the computer looking CG that seemed to plague the film... the story was there... and with possibly a bit more love... MTR could have been a good Disney film... and dare i say you might have seen an attraction in the parks based off it...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

The end of MTR was incredible. Most of the way through the movie you had no idea what was going on. But that's what made it so good. The last 5 minutes wrapped EVERYTHING up from the movie and there were no loose ends.

I'd agree with the statement that the CGI timing was detrimental to all films from 2004 (Home On The Range) through Tangled today.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

So did anyone who had REALLY low hopes see this and hate/like it? I know that I thought it looked horrible and wasn't even going to see it until I saw the really good reviews, and I'm glad I saw it because I thought it was really really good. I do wonder if I would have liked it as much if I had higher hopes though? I think I would have. I know a lot of people didn't like the Princess and the Frog, and while it was far from being the best Disney movie I did like it, but I thought tangled was much better...

Anyways, I was just curious because there was a lot of negativity at first in these posts (for good reason, the ads really were awful) but I don't think anyone who was complaining about them has written about seeing it? Maybe they have and I just missed it, but ya I was just curious what you thought! I'm glad they didn't add pop culture references for a cheap laugh like Dreamworks does...

Oh but I will add that I didn't think the songs were great. Other than the one they sang in the bar (sooooo funny!) I didn't they were memorable at all. They weren't horrible either, but it was what was happening while the songs were playing that was great, the lyrics and the tune did nothing for me and I can't remember a thing about them now, which is really too bad. For instance, Flynn and Rapunzel sing a song in a boat during the lantern festival, and its some really amazing animation and is an important part of the film's plot... a really great scene, but I can't for the life of me remember a thing about the actual song they were singing! Too bad....

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    So did anyone who had REALLY low hopes see this and hate/like it? I know that I thought it looked horrible and wasn't even going to see it until I saw the really good reviews, and I'm glad I saw it because I thought it was really really good. I do wonder if I would have liked it as much if I had higher hopes though?
    Happiness = Reality/Expectations
    H = R/E
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Oh but I will add that I didn't think the songs were great. Other than the one they sang in the bar (sooooo funny!) I didn't they were memorable at all. They weren't horrible either, but it was what was happening while the songs were playing that was great, the lyrics and the tune did nothing for me and I can't remember a thing about them now, which is really too bad. For instance, Flynn and Rapunzel sing a song in a boat during the lantern festival, and its some really amazing animation and is an important part of the film's plot... a really great scene, but I can't for the life of me remember a thing about the actual song they were singing! Too bad....
    I thought the songs were at least decent. And original. Not a compilation of various artists. But if you compare I See The Light to I Can Go The Distance, they're virtually the same tune. Both Alan Menken so that doesn't completely surprise me.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I thought the songs were at least decent. And original. Not a compilation of various artists. But if you compare I See The Light to I Can Go The Distance, they're virtually the same tune. Both Alan Menken so that doesn't completely surprise me.

Ya, they weren't horrible... they just weren't comparable to the Aladdin or the Little Mermaid in my opinion. Anyways, it was for sure a good movie and one that I plan on buying when it comes out... I would even see it in theaters again!

Ya, they weren't horrible... they just weren't comparable to the Aladdin or the Little Mermaid in my opinion. Anyways, it was for sure a good movie and one that I plan on buying when it comes out... I would even see it in theaters again!
    nice Alan Menken reference... this wasnt his best work from what ive heard... but certainly not the worst...

i am glad to hear from many people that this film is good... oh and FYI... Tangled surpassed HP this week... and has grossed $96 million... it should definitely surpass its $150 million budget...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Wow! and welcome to our happy place.

We really are a friendly group around here, we agree to disagree, or it would be a bore not to have differing opinions. We are all great fans of Disney not haters in our bio's, yet many of us fail to praise everything Disney does. My pet peeve lately is Duffy, as an example. We are a bit of a family of sorts. Lou our leader kinda created this place as a friendly place. Please read our threads and join in the fun.
    well put btw...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

JavaPuppy is offline A-Ticket holder

For those of you who liked "Tangled", and it's Soundtrack, Amazon.com is offering MP3 download of the entire album + a lyric book (with artwork) for $3.99...

I really enjoyed the film! A worth addition to the "Disney Feature Library" ...

Hap!

Happy Keller
    Last edited by JavaPuppy; 12-06-2010 at 04:40 PM.

seekeroftruth46 is offline A-Ticket holder

That's cool, I bought the soundtrack myself. ^_^.

Well it seems the general consensus here is that Tangled was a good film. Glad to hear it. Told you all it would be ^_^. It just beat Harry potter this week too. And yes that's saying something. Yeah Disney is definitely bouncing back with Tangled. I do disagree with some of the posts here though. It was VERY on par with the classics and felt just like them. A truly golden movie.
    Last edited by seekeroftruth46; 12-06-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345