Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Tangled in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Time for Tangled reviews! I don't know about you people, but that was very unShrek-ish and unDreamWorks-ish. I thought it was great. The three things that made this movie was: ...
    WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Tangled

Time for Tangled reviews! I don't know about you people, but that was very unShrek-ish and unDreamWorks-ish.

I thought it was great. The three things that made this movie was:

1) Character facial expressions. They added so much life and emotion to the film that 2D would not have been able to provide. I feel as if this was one of the main reasons that made this movie so good.

2) Decent soundtrack. Some have said that the soundtrack sounded too much like a pop soundtrack. To you I say shame on you for listening to the soundtrack before seeing the movie. You should never listen to the soundtrack to the movie before you see the movie because you don't know the context of the song. Alan Menken is a genius and I'm glad he did it and not Randy Newman.

3) The so-called "2D in 3D" was great. I wouldn't have this movie any other way. It just would not have worked in hand-drawn 2D. There was so much lighting and shading that made this movie just pop!

All-in-all: Best movie in 11 years.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Tangled

Taken with a grain of salt. You were singing its praises before the film even came out. Going in with such blindedly-high hopes (yes, I made up that word) and a "Disney-can-do-no-wrong" attitude certainly was going to make this one a winner in your eyes. Saying "best film in 11 years" isn't really saying much, considering Disney's poor showing in the theaters over the past decade. For me, it's certainly not a film that's going to get me to race out to the theaters on opening night to see it. And now with MegaMind having flopped in the theaters, and Harry Potter geared towards an older children, they don't have any competition at the box office for this movie.

Glad you enjoyed it, though. At least Disney was able to live up to your expectations, which lately they haven't been able to do. I'm still filing this one away with "Despicable Me." I went in there really really hoping that it was absolutely hilarious. The film failed me miserably.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    Time for Tangled reviews! I don't know about you people, but that was very unShrek-ish and unDreamWorks-ish.

I thought it was great. The three things that made this movie was:

1) Character facial expressions. They added so much life and emotion to the film that 2D would not have been able to provide. I feel as if this was one of the main reasons that made this movie so good.

2) Decent soundtrack. Some have said that the soundtrack sounded too much like a pop soundtrack. To you I say shame on you for listening to the soundtrack before seeing the movie. You should never listen to the soundtrack to the movie before you see the movie because you don't know the context of the song. Alan Menken is a genius and I'm glad he did it and not Randy Newman.

3) The so-called "2D in 3D" was great. I wouldn't have this movie any other way. It just would not have worked in hand-drawn 2D. There was so much lighting and shading that made this movie just pop!

All-in-all: Best movie in 11 years.

This is reassuring. Other reviews I've seen are positive too. I'm taking my son to Tangled this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it now.

dman1373 is offline B-Ticket Holder

i'm really hoping that the trailers were misleading. Slumdog millionaire looked liked a terrible movie, and it turned out to be one of the best movies i saw that year. So i would love if this turned out to be a good movie.
    Last edited by dman1373; 11-25-2010 at 10:00 PM.

jjharvpro is offline A-Ticket holder

Saw the movie earlier tonight. I LOVED THIS FILM SO MUCH. I agree w/ the first user on everything!! It brings back so much Disney classic magic! The music took me back to all of the "modern classics" and Rapunzel herself took me back mostly to Belle. The trailers do not match up to the actual film itself(as I said in my own post earlier)
    When you wish upon a star. . .

Follow me on Twitter: @JJharvill

Official Gold D23 Member as of 12-25-10.

WDW on March 14-18, 2011, staying at Port Orleans:French Quarter!!!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I'm seeing it on Saturday, but I've been surprised so far with all the positive reviews... it's got 87% on rotten tomatoes, and 92% for top critics alone. In fact, I have yet to see a bad review (although I'm sure there are some out there!). I would like to see what someone going in with low hopes thought though...

Tangled brought in $11.5 million on opening day. That sets a record for highest Thanksgiving holiday opening day grosses. Previous record holder was Toy Story 2 and went on to have a total holiday weekend gross of $57.3 million in 1999. Tangled is projected to have a weekend gross of $65 million.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Just came back from seeing it. My family loved it! Can't wait for it to come out in dvd. Did you notice the first song was very similar to Enchanted when she was cleaning the apt? Still trying to figure out what song stuck out the most for me. I think it was when they were in the boat singing together, "I see the light". (Trying not to give too much away). A sure classic.
    Last edited by Disney05; 11-27-2010 at 02:42 PM.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I LOVED it. Halfway through the movie I was already thinking to myself "I love this movie!", the animation is fantastic, I loved the characters, definitely going in my collection. It reminded me a bit of Enchanted, Mandy Moore's voice is very similar to Amy Adams. I loved Pascal and Maximus too!

Two thumbs way up from me.

Sounding like the ayes are having it
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

I loved it! I laughed the whole way through and teared up a bit at the end... and I was for sure going into it with low hopes, so I'm not just seeing it through rosy glasses or anything. My friend was even more skeptical than me and she loved it too

Quote Originally Posted by dman1373 View Post
    i'm really hoping that the trailers were misleading. Slumdog millionaire looked liked a terrible movie, and it turned out to be one of the best movies i saw that year. So i would love if this turned out to be a good movie.
    The trailers were nothing like the movie
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

I will say that the songs weren't great. I was entertained while they were happening but that was because the visuals that went along with them were so great (some of the funniest/most touching/beautifully animated moments were during the songs). As soon as the movie ended I could vividly remember exactly what happened when each song was song, but none of the lyrics or even how the tune went... not very memorable.

dman1373 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    The trailers were nothing like the movie
    Thank you for telling me. I might check out this movie then. Its getting great reviews so thats great.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've been watching movie trailers on Youtube and yes they were not even in the movie. I've been listening to the sound track a lot too. Although I don't get the same wow as with BATB or Aladdin, I do like it. I still stand with "I see the light" as my favorite. And I still think Alan Menken is a genius. Just love this movie. When you can feel the emotions of an animated character, that says a lot. I liked it a lot more than PatF.
    Last edited by Disney05; 11-28-2010 at 10:17 AM.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast