Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Vacation Challenge on the Travel Channel in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; (Lou wipes sweat from his forehead, still a little dizzy from what he just saw) Did anyone else see these three "experts" planning 3 different types of WDW vacations for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Vacation Challenge on the Travel Channel

(Lou wipes sweat from his forehead, still a little dizzy from what he just saw)

Did anyone else see these three "experts" planning 3 different types of WDW vacations for a family? You know, the family that asked such poigniant questions as "How much does it cost to ride the monorail?", and "There's more than one 'kingdom', right?"

Well... lemme tell ya', between the trip planners giving erroneous advice and tips (did you know about the aliens that you meet on Dinosaur? No, me niether), and the total lack of creativiity this show seemed to exude, I was amazed that this is what people who are interested in going to WDW have possibly to base their plans and decisions on. They also stated that the trips, with air, would be $500 PP. I guess they don't plan on eating while they are there.

Did anyone else see this?

It was described as: "Planners focus their classic Disney experience on the Magic Kingdom, and a trip to Disney MGM studios with its fast-paced rides and showbiz themes. Another agent wants to lure this family of animal lovers to Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park..."

FYI, it airs again June 23, 12:30 p.m. Set your TiVo and prepare for this horror show.

Oh yeah... based on what they aired, and the planners' advice, the family never even went to the MK. Nice.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 05-30-2005 at 02:45 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tinkerbellandme is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hmmmm, maybe we should contact the travel channel and have them let US plan the 3 vacations for the next show?

Gin

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing, that this was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    if this is the same one i saw a few months ago -march i think---OMG*RUNS SCREAMING FROM THE ROOM*** That was the most wrong info program i have ever saw. The one I saw they even told them that they could drive the test track cars.....Where do they get these so called travel agents from????
    My 2 yr old prob knows more about the parks then they do....even my bf realized that that $500 was a severly underestimated amount for airfare included (must be a very budget airline-one that makes you ride on the wing and give the plane a push to start it off) I'm glad someone else actually saw this because no one would have belived me if I told them. I say we all call the travel channel and suggest they hire Lou to plan these people's trips from now on.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Ok, they need to contact us to plan the next trip - but they have to take us with them, hee hee.
    Ok, I can't set up Tivo this far in advance - but I have set a reminder to record it when it comes on in June. I have to see this for my own eyes.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I will be flying home from WDW at that time... (june23) so I will have to Tivo it as well... 500 dollars a person!! hahah!!! Last time I went for a week w/ my BF we spent over 4 grand!!! (but i did go OVERBOARD on the shopping!!)

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    That is just wrong. My kids (7 and 5) helped me plan our June trip, and I think they would have done a more accurate job. But hey, now that I know we can go for $500, I can quit my job apparently.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I am conserving(skimping) a lot for this trip and we are driving and don't have to pay admissions for our 2 year old so with discounts etc we are paying about $500 per person for a week including drive time but there is no way it would be that cheap if we were flying considering the stupid airlines charge more for a round trip ticket for a 2 year old then we are paying for 5 nights for all 3 of us at an on-site resort...
    My mantra for this trip is "Don't buy things I don't NEED"
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    OK... at least I'm not the ony one that felt that way. And yeah, now I remember about driving the TT cars.

Yeah, kid, and you can bust a move onstage at Cinderellabration, go big game hunting on the Kilimanjaro Safari, and all the souvenirs are free.

Oy vey.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Ok, I have to see this, so I have set up my TiVO.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    My mantra for this trip is "Don't buy things I don't NEED"

The only problem I see with that mantra is I NEED IT ALL!
    They call me "Nana"

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    That show turned my stomach the same way it did when a few of us dropped a piano moving it over the summer...
    my thoughts on this episode
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...