Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Potc4 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Howdy folks! So has anyone ran out to catch POTC yet today? Hubby and I want to go see it but we're trying to decide if it's worth it to ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Potc4

Howdy folks! So has anyone ran out to catch POTC yet today? Hubby and I want to go see it but we're trying to decide if it's worth it to pay the extra cash and see it in IMAX 3D or if just seeing it in "normal mode" will be enough. Curious if anyone has caught it!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Potc4

Have not seen it yet but can't wait! Leaving for WDW Tuesday, maybe I can see it down there.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

flutter is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Howdy folks! So has anyone ran out to catch POTC yet today? Hubby and I want to go see it but we're trying to decide if it's worth it to pay the extra cash and see it in IMAX 3D or if just seeing it in "normal mode" will be enough. Curious if anyone has caught it!
    I went to a matinee so it would be cheaper but saw it in 3d it was great

Knett is offline A-Ticket holder

Also, when you see this movie, be sure to stay through the credits as there is a scene at the very end just like the other 3 pirate movies!

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

cant believe i just found that out like last week, never knew about the credits
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

We saw it last nite late in 3D. Movie was real good. Its a different movie someways but still very good. Penelope Cruz was awesome in it. I think one of the funniest scenes was about Jack asking Barbossa about termites and of course Jack and Barbossa drinking out of the pegleg.
    10/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    01/2013 Beach Club Resort
    11/2012 Saratoga Springs
    04/2012 Old Key West
    02/2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/2011 Downtown Disney Buena Vista Palace
    09/2011 Wilderness Lodge
    05/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    09/2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2010 Bonnet Creek
    10/2009 Coronado/Old Key West
    05/2009 Saratoga Springs
    03/2009 Old Key West
    01/2009 Saratoga Springs
    11/2008 Offsite
    09/2008 Offsite
    05/2008 Caribbean Resort
    03/2008 offsite
    01/2008 offsite
    11/2007 off site
    05/2007 offsite

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Just got back a few minutes ago. Enjoyed the movie, but think it may take another watch or two for me to feel for it the same as the other three. Thought Angelica was a great character (a good match for Jack, certainly) and so glad to have Barbossa back, although hated him for the first half of the movie. The mermaids were awesome (the attack scene half-way through is very cool) - just wish they'd expanded a bit more on the zombies. Felt that there could have been some good scenes there, but they weren't used as much as I would have liked. Ian McShane did a wonderful job as Blackbeard, although still not as scary as Davy Jones IMO.

Overall, I've given the movie 3.5 out of 5. However, this is likely to go up after I've seen it again, as I felt similarly with number 3 and enjoy that more everytime I watch it.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Has anyone seen it in IMAX 3D?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i didnt see it in 3d.. it was awesome i loved it.. i agree with the zombie remark. and i loved the mermaids.. i think thats what i want to be for the mickeys not so scary halloween party..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

I saw it opening day at midnight. It is probably my least favorite of the 4 but I did enjoy it. I guess I missed the old characters from the first 3. But I am willing to watch it again so I will pick up on things I missed the first time around. I will definitely add it to my collection.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

mousterpiece is offline B-Ticket Holder

I liked this one, probably a bit more than the third (at least because it wasn't 3 hours long), but the first movie's always going to be the best, IMO. Depp was, as usual, funny here and his scenes with Geoffrey Rush were really good. I kind of wish that Blackbeard was a more fearsome villain, though. Good movie--hopefully, when they make a fifth one, they'll create a slightly more intimidating villain to go up against Captain Jack.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I went and saw it when it first came out ( twice!), and thought it was great. Johnny Depp is brilliant as always as Captain Jack Sparrow. Lots of laughing was had, and a bit of eye candy too ( the preacher!). I'm glad Barbossa is in it, as he is one of my favourite character in the series!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Any rumors on part 5?
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Horizons17543 is offline A-Ticket holder

I went to see it about a week after the release. Now I was excited from the 1st time I saw previews especially with balckbeard being brought into the mix. Now I had that little voice inside saying "Hey, Hey, its the 4th movie maybe you shouldnt get ur hopes up that high". Luckily I didnt lol. The movie itself was entertaining, but was definatly the weakest of the series.

mousterpiece is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think that it's not really a question of whether or not there's going to be a part 5, so much as when it will come out. The movie's made over a billion dollar worldwide, and I read on the Hollywood Reporter website that he's seriously talking about filming the new movie in the next year or two. It'll happen; just give it a couple of years.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!