Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss The Key to the Kingdom in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Have you checked out this mystery thriller by Jeff Dixon called Key to the Kingdom ? It is set in Central Florida and most of it at the WDW Resort. ...
    jimbo71 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up The Key to the Kingdom

Have you checked out this mystery thriller by Jeff Dixon called Key to the Kingdom?

It is set in Central Florida and most of it at the WDW Resort. The clues are able to be found as you wander around the park. It is loaded with Disney history and trivia.

Also I thought it was cool that Lou Mongello was referenced in the story as well as this forum. The lead character actually visits the forum to help him solve a clue in the story.

This is a strong Disney fan novel but well done and great attention to detail. Has anyone seen or read it yet?

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: The Key to the Kingdom

sounds neat i will have to check it out thanks
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Here are links to the novel I posted about where this forum and Lou were featured as part of the story. Just heard a radio review of this novel calling it an adventure worthy of Walt himself.

Good feedback and buzz on the story. You have to love it when Disney fans take the time to do it right

Amazon.com: The Key To The Kingdom (9781935265245): Jeff Dixon: Books

keytothekingdom.com

disneyalice is offline A-Ticket holder

I was at the Disney Resort this week and saw two different people walking through the park with the novel Key to the Kingdom. I talked to one and they were telling me all about the story, the trivia, the adventure. They kept comparing it to the daVinci Code yet created for real Disney fans. This man told me he thought it was the best Disney novel ever!

I went to buy the book and the buzz on this story is incredible! The reviews are through the roof! My copy is on the way, can't wait to get it!

Awesome the way people were carrying it around the park. It is a hot among fans! Hope to hear more about it!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Ok time for me to find this one!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Smile Re: The Key to the Kingdom

Got my book and couldn't put it down. Loved the characters, love the story, and completely agree with all the people who have been so enthusiastic about this book. It played out like a movie as I turned each page.

I also was very excited that this forum and Lou were mentioned in the book. I highly recommend the book, the author did a great job, I have written him and asked if there is a sequel coming.

How about a shout out from anyone else who has read the Key to the Kingdom by Jeff Dixon?

And Lou...is this a possible book club selection down the road? I know there are a number of books lined up and ready, perhaps this one should be considered.

Smile Re: The Key to the Kingdom

Hey disneyalice! Glad you enjoyed the book. I think it is one of the best Disney novels ever written. I read some additional reviews and they seem to agree. What a great adventure and thrill ride for Disney fans.

I believe that anyone who enjoys trips into the Walt Disney World resort will love the thrills and the imagination Jeff Dixon uses in this book. I hope others are picking it up and checking it out.

I also agree this might be a good selection for the Book Club. I am looking forward to getting a chance to hear the author speak about the book and have him sign my copy.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Sounds as if the author might have already joined this Forum to promote his book. Perhaps he is masquerading as jimbo71?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Sorry Supernova, I can't claim it. But if somehow my commenting about it offends you then many apologies. I will leave you to your forum commentary and assumptions.

KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

Ok, I have never heard of this book, but after reading your testimonies and finding out that it is a DISNEY MYSTERY I just had to get it. What more could a girl want in a book!? Oh, I am so excited to read it!

Thank you for introducing me to it!

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012

Horizons17543 is offline A-Ticket holder

Plot of the book sounds great, ordering tomorrow. lol

I heard back from the author Jeff Dixon. He is beginning work on a sequel now. He said the Disney fan response to the book has been amazing and he is excited about how enthusiastic fans have been about the story.

Hope you all get a chance to check it out!