Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Cars 2 Reviews - What'd you think? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Yeah, there was a nice balance in the characters in the first one. But of all the ones from that one you'd least like to see that much more of ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Cars 2 Reviews - What'd you think?

Yeah, there was a nice balance in the characters in the first one. But of all the ones from that one you'd least like to see that much more of it'd be Mater.

Then again, I've never been a huge Larry The Cable Guy fan.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Me either. I guess there are just some things we don't get here in the Northeast.

One of my favorite Letterman jokes from a LONG time ago... "We don't get NASCAR here in New York. I mean, yes it's on TV. We just don't get it." Brilliant.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

I saw it over the weekend. It's definitely the worst Pixar movie I've seen. But bad Pixar is still better than what Hollywood is putting out these days. I'd give it about a B.
    WDW Radio Android App.

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    I saw it over the weekend. It's definitely the worst Pixar movie I've seen. But bad Pixar is still better than what Hollywood is putting out these days. I'd give it about a B.
    The worst? Worse than The Incredibles? Because that'd make it pretty bad.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    The worst? Worse than The Incredibles? Because that'd make it pretty bad.
    Shock! I though The Incredibles was awesome - one of my fave Pixars... lovin' Edna Mode.

We don't get Cars 2 until next month here in the UK, but really interested to see what all the fuss is about.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

One of my favorite Letterman jokes from a LONG time ago... "We don't get NASCAR here in New York. I mean, yes it's on TV. We just don't get it." Brilliant.
    Hahahaha...

Classic!

Oh, and I'm somewhat lukewarm on The Incredibles. I didn't think it was that bad, but it wasn't UP or Finding Nemo either.

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    Shock! I though The Incredibles was awesome - one of my fave Pixars... lovin' Edna Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Oh, and I'm somewhat lukewarm on The Incredibles. I didn't think it was that bad, but it wasn't UP or Finding Nemo either.
    To me, The Incredibles was just WAY too long. Honestly, it seemed like it could have (should have?) ended about two or three times. It took forever to tell that story.

As for Edna, she was a lot like Roz... way too obviously a male doing the voice. I'm huge on voice talent (just look at my autograph collection) so the voice really needs to be right. The main trouble I have with Stitch is that it wasn't a someone creating a voice for him. It was just someone changing their voice to be Stitch. Anyone can "do" that voice. Same thing with that Jarjar character in the Star Wars ride at WDW. Those aren't created voice, those are changing your voice. I can do Roz or Edna. Things that impress me? That there are three or four people on the cast of the Simpsons who started off doing most of the entire list of characters. A woman doing Bart Simpson's voice? Brilliant. A guy doing Edna? Eh, not so much.

I don't know, the story for Megamind took quite a while as well. It was still a pretty good movie.

As for voice work, it never seemed like much of an issue for me. YMMV, of course.

Skipped Megamind. Didn't grab me at all. Made the mistake of sitting through Dispicable Me and am now being very selective about what animated films I see.

Megamind didn't grab me either. But, my son wanted to see it, so we took him to the theater to watch it in 3D.

I was pleasantly surprised.

I wouldn't stack it up with the classics, but it was better than I thought it'd be.

Still haven't seen Despicable Me because it didn't grab me either.

See, now I took two films with me on a business trip. One was Back to the Barnyard and the other was Hoodwinked. I had never seen the show in Nickelodeon, but "Barnyard" was very funny. "Hoodwinked" was downright awful and I barely made it through to the end. Despicable Me should have been funnier than it was. Though Mike Meyers needs to sue Steve Carell for the awful Shrek voice he borrowed for the film.

mousterpiece is offline B-Ticket Holder

I didn't think much of this one, but I had minimal expectations to begin with, frankly. The animation in the two Cars movies is, of course, incredible but as a previous poster mentioned, I'm just not a Larry the Cable Guy fan. Mater's the lead of this one, really, so me not liking the character equaled not liking the movie.

But that Toy Story short was worth--almost--the price of admission.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

The Pixar shorts are worth their weight in gold, IMO. The one-man-band throwdown which preceded the original Cars (IIRC) was golden. As were the birds on a wire.

mousterpiece is offline B-Ticket Holder

My favorite Pixar short may always be Presto, but I've loved them being in front of each Pixar movie all the way since Geri's Game.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

Quote Originally Posted by mousterpiece View Post
    I didn't think much of this one, but I had minimal expectations to begin with, frankly. The animation in the two Cars movies is, of course, incredible but as a previous poster mentioned, I'm just not a Larry the Cable Guy fan. Mater's the lead of this one, really, so me not liking the character equaled not liking the movie.

But that Toy Story short was worth--almost--the price of admission.
    It was cute, but E-f'ing-NOUGH with the Buzz Lightyear spanish bit. They've done it twice when once was plenty.

I wound up seeing Cars 2 last night. Maybe I might have possibly gotten a copy from someone who may or may not be a co-worker. Maybe. Or not. Sorry Disney/Pixar, you were not getting my money on this one.

I closed my eyes not fewer than three times, probably dozed for a few seconds too. Waaay too much Mater.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast