Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Help! - Disney Movie Club in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I got an offer in the mail to join the Disney Movie Club. It sounded really great with the introductory offer to get 5 DVDs OR Blu-rays for only $1 ...
    StewbotTalborg is online now Fastpass Holder

Question Help! - Disney Movie Club

I got an offer in the mail to join the Disney Movie Club. It sounded really great with the introductory offer to get 5 DVDs OR Blu-rays for only $1 when you signed up online with only a commitment to buy 4 regularly priced DVDs or Blu rays in the next 2 years. However when I added a Blu-ray to my basket it told me that I was enrolling my self in the Disney Blu-ray Club with each movie being $1.99 and a commitment to buy 4 regularly priced Blu-ray titles in the next 2 years.

So my questions are: A) If I join the "Blu-ray Club" can I still buy a regularly priced DVD to fulfill my commitment?
    B) I heard a person online say that once you're in the club they heavily discount everything but their "featured" titles to prevent you from buying whatever movie you'd like to try and fulfill my contract. Is this true?

I'd really like to take advantage of such a great deal if the club is as wonderful as it sounds, but I don't want to get tricked into buying a bunch of $30 "featured" titles I may not even want just to save myself from breaking the commitment.

Any help would be much appreciated!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Help! - Disney Movie Club

I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with this DVD club, but remember friends from the 80s when they belonged to the Columbia record club. It was not a good deal for them.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i am a memeber.. and i have joined and got out and rejoined.. but i have never did the blueray so i dont know but i'm sure you can call and ask. now the featured for the month is proably around $25 bucks plus shipping more than what you pay at walmart for it.. but i see myself buying them and also the other movies you cant find in your local stores and you get them at a nice price too.
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Ok soooo I was a DMC member for years and years and yesterday got the invite to "come back". Here's the skinny...

If you chose blu-rays as your free titles, you are indeed part of the blu-ray club which means to meet your committment, the 4 titles you have to purchase at regular price must be blu-ray. You can still purchase any DVDs etc. you want but they won't go toward your committment.

So now onto the 'discount' piece. The movies you have to buy at regular price are going to be more expensive than you could get them at say Walmart or Target. They are going to be the normal "recommended" price. BUT outside meeting your committment, they often have great deals on movies like BOGO or discounting them... plus you can get movies that are really difficult to find in normal stores otherwise.

If it wasn't for the fact that we already own nearly all the movies that we could chose from for our 5 cheapies, I would sign up again. The only reason I had left was because I was going through issues at home that made it so I didn't want to have to remember to login each month to respond to the featured title (I had bigger things to worry about).

Oh and as a member you get little goodies throughout the year. Nothing big but you get some little stickers etc. in your featured title mailing. OH and they also have DMC member exclusive pins if you're into pin collecting.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i would sign up for them but i dont have a credit card!! only a debit card and it says they dont accept it!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    i would sign up for them but i dont have a credit card!! only a debit card and it says they dont accept it!
    Yes and no. If your debit card has a Visa or Mastercard logo on it, they'll take it.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Yes and no. If your debit card has a Visa or Mastercard logo on it, they'll take it.
    really?? i may have to try it. when i went to sign up online a few months ago and got to the confirm screen it said they would not accept it. hm...gotta check it out again.

really?? i may have to try it. when i went to sign up online a few months ago and got to the confirm screen it said they would not accept it. hm...gotta check it out again.
    Maybe they changed it for new enrollments or something then? I used my debit card for years on my old account. Heck... the invite I got says the movies are $1.99 a piece OR $0.20 a piece if I use a credit card sooooo that implies there is another option (other than credit cards) doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Maybe they changed it for new enrollments or something then? I used my debit card for years on my old account. Heck... the invite I got says the movies are $1.99 a piece OR $0.20 a piece if I use a credit card sooooo that implies there is another option (other than credit cards) doesn't it?

ya i got the same invite. lol course, now that i think about it, i may of thrown it away...

well im sure another one will be coming, they seem to appear once a month!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i was a member once and then got out once it was up then i rejoined and i'm on my 2nd year of my contract and have 1 movie to go to finish my contract
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

ya i got the same invite. lol course, now that i think about it, i may of thrown it away...

well im sure another one will be coming, they seem to appear once a month!

is it kinda wierd that i got a packet yesterday in the mail?!!?!?

StewbotTalborg is online now Fastpass Holder

Awesome, just picked out my movies and signed up this morning (with my visa debit card). Thanks for the help. I feel like most of the nay-sayers out there are people who didn't really look at the fine print before signing up. I'm really excited to expand my Disney movie collection.

disneynurse is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm in the Disney Movie Club now and I love it. I have cancelled once and waited a couple of years just so I could get 4 more DVDs at 1.99! Haha, the only thing I will say is WATCH the Featured Title day. If you do not want the DVD they are recommending at the time, make sure you decline if not they will bill your account and send it without warning. Aside from that it's a really great program that I recommend to all my friends. Happy watching!
    "Cinderella believed in dreams, all right, but she also believed in doing something about them. When Prince Charming didn't come along, Cinderella went over to the palace and got him." –Walt Disney

just signed up!!

gonna put the movies aside for xmas for dd5!!

i got:

bolt
    up
    tinkerbell
    tinkerbell great fairy rescue
    sword in the stone

(bolt and up we had before but got lost at her fathers house ggrrr)