Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Any other podcasts worth listening to? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I just started listening to the show this past summer and plowed through all the episodes in about 3 months. I started over from the beginning again and I'm still ...
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Question Any other podcasts worth listening to?

I just started listening to the show this past summer and plowed through all the episodes in about 3 months. I started over from the beginning again and I'm still learning a bunch and really enjoying it a lot, but I'm about 1/3 of the way through again.

Are there any other WDW podcasts I should be listening to? One of the reasons I love Lou's show so much is that it doesn't sound like he's just recording it from his basement (I know, he used to), the sound quality and the energy he projects on to each episode is a big reason why I got hooked in. I'm not sure I could handle a very "pedestrian" sounding production.

NOS
    NOS is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Any other podcasts worth listening to?

The other WDW based podcast that I listen to is Inside The Magic. Ricky Brigante presents a good padcast as well, although I still prefer WDWRadio. Whereas Lou takes a fairly positive approach to all things Disney, Ricky will occasionally lean the other direction on certain points/issues. It's by no means a negative podacst, but it does differ from WDWRadio.
    The other podacst I listen to is the Disneyland based Paul Barrie's A Window to the Magic podcast. This podcast most often features recorded audio from the parks, both past and present. An occasional interview or retrospective is inserted, however most of the shows are meant to be as if you're actually walking around with Paul or a guest host.
    There are many others out there as you know, however those are the three that I listen to.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The only other one I listen to is WDW News Today. It can be a bit insular, with tons of inside jokes and whatnot, but it's still pretty good, IMO. Definitely a "warts-n-all" approach unlike Lou's more positive approach.

Both shows are excellent, IMO.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I haven't listened to Lou's podcast, actually. Not even once. I used to listen to WDW Today, but that one got real old real fast. The only one I listen to on a semi-regular basis is Inside the Magic. Though evn there, I listen once every month or two. I'll download the podcasts and store them on my iPod, but I haven't had a chance to catch up on them lately.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I agree with ITM and WDW Today. I also listen to WDW Fan Boys and WDW News Today. Lous and Ricky Brigante both bring similar enthusiasm to the podcast. WDW today and WDW News are very similar i their inside jokes. I also listen to the one with Jim Hill of Jim Hill media. Usually because it's short and I can finish an episode while taking the kids to school.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I haven't listened to Lou's podcast, actually. Not even once. I used to listen to WDW Today, but that one got real old real fast. The only one I listen to on a semi-regular basis is Inside the Magic. Though evn there, I listen once every month or two. I'll download the podcasts and store them on my iPod, but I haven't had a chance to catch up on them lately.
    Lou's Top Ten and Wayback Machine shows are evergreen. Definitely worth checking out some time.

I may have to, actually. I've been a member of this site long enough that I should probably listen to at least one or two of his offerings. At least now I have some suggestions to hunt down, rather than just selecting something at random.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I listen to Lou, WDW Today, The Dis Unplugged, Betamouse and Wedway. I love them all. They are all good in different ways. The only issue is that I dont have Itunes on my laptop so I find myself having over 100 podcasts to listen to when I go to my real computer.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Inside the Magic, WDW Today, and the now irregular Mouse Guest. Also Magical Definition with Nathan Rose who was Lou's co-host back when he did Mousetunes.

I may have to, actually. I've been a member of this site long enough that I should probably listen to at least one or two of his offerings. At least now I have some suggestions to hunt down, rather than just selecting something at random.
    I'd say my favorite Top Tens are Ways To Get Wet (mostly because of a rather humorous exchange between Lou and Tim concerning Splash Mountain later in the show. Though, Tim has to grow on you so maybe that's not the best place to start), and Sounds Of WDW.

Best Wayback Machine being The Living Seas. That one was very fascinating to me.

Thanks!

One of the more recent Disney Scene Investigations he did with Jim Korkis on the Partners statue is one of my all time favorites. That would be worth checking out.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody! I'll give a few of them a try tomorrow!

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Give WEDway a listen. Both Matt and Nate the hosts do a really good job and those episodes tend to focus on the history side of Disney, which really fascinates me.
    WDW Radio Android App.

disneynurse is offline A-Ticket holder

Betamouse and WedWayRadio are both very good podcasts to try!
    "Cinderella believed in dreams, all right, but she also believed in doing something about them. When Prince Charming didn't come along, Cinderella went over to the palace and got him." –Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast