Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Go see the Muppets in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 I feel like you are the most negative person on this thread. Everytime I read your posts its a complaint...we're talking about the happiest place on ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Go see the Muppets

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I feel like you are the most negative person on this thread. Everytime I read your posts its a complaint...we're talking about the happiest place on earth on this thread, geez!
    "The happiest place on earth" is a slogan, not a fact. Off with the rose colored glasses, lady.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Enough!! I'm tired of all the bickering on the forums lately.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

No bickering. Just a difference of opinions. Maybe I'm too bitter about things. Doesn't change the fact that the movie (literally) put me to sleep for a few minutes.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    "The happiest place on earth" is a slogan, not a fact. Off with the rose colored glasses, lady.
    Why don't you get over the FACT that, for some of us, "The happiest place on earth" is a FACT and not a slogan. Off with the black colored glasses, pal.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Just a difference of opinion.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    Why don't you get over the FACT that, for some of us, "The happiest place on earth" is a FACT and not a slogan. Off with the black colored glasses, pal.

Thank you! Supernova, I can't possibly figure out why you are on this forum, every topic you comment on you have a problem with. You think Disney is past its prime, too expensive, the crowds are annoying, you complain about food...literally everything. It doesn't seem like you like anything about it and you do nothing but stomp all over everyone's happiness on this page. How do you get through life being so negative?!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Very well, actually. Cynicism with a smile... that montra has gotten me this far

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    You want to talk FACTS, lady? Let's talk facts. Check the movie credits for this film... Disney had little to do with it. Outside of now owning the Muppets, they (probably) funded the film and were involved in distribution. Walt Disney Pictures is just one of three studios "involved" in this movie. The concept, script, and throught to bring the Muppets back to the movie houses was all the brainchild of Jason Segel. Another fact: Not a single Disney producer, director or writer was involved in this project. The Director (James Bobin) brought us "Da Ali G Show". The Writers brought us Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Yes Man, Fun with D1ck & Jane, and Yes Man. As far as Producers go, one producer has been around Henson Studios for quite some time, working on Labrynth, the Muppets, and Fraggle Rock. The others have brought us various projects, which in some cases did come through Buena Vista Pictures. If you listen to any of Segel's interviews, the BV people were there to keep things moving. Otherwise, it as a Muppet lover and is friends working on a project he's always dreamed of. You will hardly hear any mention of Disney being involved in the project. Again, outside of writing checks and helping to distribute the film to a larger audience behind the marketing machine of Disney. Now where have we heard that before? Oh, that's right. Toy Story. Disney's "involvement" was with Walt Disney Records, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures as the primarty distributor (including through their international division), and Walt Disney Studios (one of three Production Companies behind this film, along with Muppet Studios and Mandeville Films who brought us Monk).

If I missed anything, let me know. The only thing I think I'm missing is Disney's actual involvement in this movie. Well, outside of actually unpacking the puppets from their mothballs.

THAT'S IT!! I'VE HAD IT!!! WITH ALL THE NEGATIVITY AROUND HERE!!

I'M LOCKING THIS THREAD!!

Don't even think of starting anything on any other ones either!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12