Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Walt Disney (The Movie) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; With the 110 birthday of Walt Disney (the Steve Jobs of his time) I think it's time for an honest movie about Walt Disney.Please steal this idea...
    donnyaz is offline A-Ticket holder

Walt Disney (The Movie)

With the 110 birthday of Walt Disney (the Steve Jobs of his time) I think it's time for an honest movie about Walt Disney.Please steal this idea

Pirate Stitch is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Walt Disney (The Movie)

Hmmm...I think that would be interesting. I mean we have movies on a ton of the presidents, queens etc. Why not the man who started animation as a motion picture?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Who do you want to play Walt?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I wonder how a movie like this would do in theaters? Is there enough mass appeal? Or would it be a direct-to-DVD release? There are so many documentaries about Walt Disney already, would we need a bio-pic on him?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

If you head over to 2719 Hyperion, Jeff Pepper's most recent post is about Bobby Driscoll. I would love to see a movie about him that also worked as a period piece of what was going on at Disney/LA/NYC at the time. I mean this in the best possible way, not some hatched job on how Driscoll was exploited by the studios. But how things really were at the time (especially at Disney) intertwined with the personal trials of a kid who hit bottom and tried to sort out his life.

I dont know if he would do it but I would like to see Senator Jim Demint

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I wonder how a movie like this would do in theaters? Is there enough mass appeal? Or would it be a direct-to-DVD release? There are so many documentaries about Walt Disney already, would we need a bio-pic on him?
    Think it all depends on what 'type' of movie it is. If it was just a documentary I don't think it'd do well in theaters but if it was some sensationalized version of his life... something with big name stars and a good bit of fiction or rumor mixed in with fact, it'd probably do well.

Geeze what does that say about the world we live in. Great now I'm depressed.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Geeze what does that say about the world we live in. Great now I'm depressed.
    Hey, if someone felt compelled enough to make horrible movies about Hoffa and Hoover, why not Disney?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I would love to see a movie that covers his childhood,his start in cartoons,his building of the parks and sadly life after his death