Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HauntedGabe
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss New Mr. Toad movie? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; http://screenrant.com/disney-mr-toad...gn=scribol.com...
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

New Mr. Toad movie?

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: New Mr. Toad movie?

Given the cost of making a movie I'd be happier if they spent that on bringing it back as an attraction at WDW. I had no idea that they are floating movie ideas for pretty much every ride in the park - even the ones they tore down. A bit ridiculous, no?

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

I must admit, this one sounds a bit odd to me as well. Mr Toad already has a movie link - that was the inspiration for the ride in the first place. I agree, if there's gonna be any Toad-action, it should be channelled in to bringing back the attraction at WDW.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

The idea-well must be dry at the Walt Disney Co.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It would only make sense. The original did so well at the box office and in VHS/DVD sales that it... wait. No, it didn't.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Yeah this is a reaaaaally bad idea
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Actually, (don't harp on me too much) I think a movie based on the ride wouldn't be too bad of an idea. I recently watched Toad with very vibrant memories of the ride and not-so-vibrant memories of the movie. I was really disappointed with how boring it was, all of the excitement and thrill of the motorcar experience is completely skipped over in the movie. You get a little bit of a pick up at the end of the film when they face off at Toad Hall but other than that it's a pretty bland film. It may help to keep the attraction at least over on the west coast if Mr. Toad were to be re-introduced to the public with a more fun and entertaining flick.

Obviously it could be done horribly wrong, and they could make it a very shallow, toddler-fodder movie staring Dwayne Johnson, but if tackled with care and passion for a pretty great story and cast of characters it could be pretty good IMHO.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    Actually, (don't harp on me too much) I think a movie based on the ride wouldn't be too bad of an idea. I recently watched Toad with very vibrant memories of the ride and not-so-vibrant memories of the movie. I was really disappointed with how boring it was, all of the excitement and thrill of the motorcar experience is completely skipped over in the movie. You get a little bit of a pick up at the end of the film when they face off at Toad Hall but other than that it's a pretty bland film. It may help to keep the attraction at least over on the west coast if Mr. Toad were to be re-introduced to the public with a more fun and entertaining flick.

Obviously it could be done horribly wrong, and they could make it a very shallow, toddler-fodder movie staring Dwayne Johnson, but if tackled with care and passion for a pretty great story and cast of characters it could be pretty good IMHO.
    Valid points. I'm wondering if they were to do this, perhaps it is kept animated and as a SHORT, not a full length feature. Tack it on to something, or release it as part as an update to other gone-and-rightfully-forgotten films that didn't make it because of content. Nothing too obscure (Make Mine Music needs to stay buried), but there must be other films they could revisit. Again, IF this is at all necessary.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Sounds odd

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

So it's a movie based on a ride that was based on a movie that was based on a book? Okay

BTW the movie is great one of my all time favorites
    WDW Radio Android App.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Love this photo. So surprised security allowed it to happen.

s.dowell
    nicholas likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

Awesome picture! Thanks for sharing.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    I must admit, this one sounds a bit odd to me as well. Mr Toad already has a movie link - that was the inspiration for the ride in the first place. I agree, if there's gonna be any Toad-action, it should be channelled in to bringing back the attraction at WDW.
    Well Disney has made something that doesn't look like a great idea before (Like Once Upon a Time, which is a great show) But I would like to get the ride back, you're right. I'm just saying that maybe people should just give it a shot.