Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Disney Movie Rewards Question in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hey everyone! I recently joined the Disney Movie club as I am in the process of converting my VHS collection to Blu-Ray. I also created a Disney Movie Rewards account ...
    MedTG is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Disney Movie Rewards Question

Hey everyone! I recently joined the Disney Movie club as I am in the process of converting my VHS collection to Blu-Ray. I also created a Disney Movie Rewards account and already was able to get a free Blu-Ray from entering two codes from my movie club movies!

My question is this: Should I redeem my other codes now, or wait until later on to take advantage of other promotions to get free things just for entering codes (like the one I just took advantage of)? Since I am new to the program, I was not sure if things like this were the norm, or if I just happened to sign up during a really good deal.

Thanks for your help!

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Disney Movie Rewards Question

Quote Originally Posted by MedTG View Post
    Hey everyone! I recently joined the Disney Movie club as I am in the process of converting my VHS collection to Blu-Ray. I also created a Disney Movie Rewards account and already was able to get a free Blu-Ray from entering two codes from my movie club movies!

My question is this: Should I redeem my other codes now, or wait until later on to take advantage of other promotions to get free things just for entering codes (like the one I just took advantage of)? Since I am new to the program, I was not sure if things like this were the norm, or if I just happened to sign up during a really good deal.

Thanks for your help!
    You typically just don't get free stuff for just entering the codes but typically get points to redeem for merchandise, etc. according to how many points you build up.

I've gotten some pretty good stuff but it normally takes ALOT of points to get anything worth while IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    You typically just don't get free stuff for just entering the codes but typically get points to redeem for merchandise, etc. according to how many points you build up.

I've gotten some pretty good stuff but it normally takes ALOT of points to get anything worth while IMO.
    For sure. That is actually the reason I was asking. Since most of the rewards are a considerable amount of points, I figured I was not really losing anything by waiting to enter the codes. Although I did notice you can get Muppets 2 vinylmations for 575 points!

If you have two codes to enter I would totally recommend taking advantage of the free Blu-Ray promotion they've got going on at the moment.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Enter all of your codes now (before they decide to expire them or something) so you have your bank of points. Then you can chose to buy whatever you want from their huge catalog of stuff with those points or save them as you collect more codes and enter them. Also watch for things like free points on your birthday or other special days. Me, I've used my points twice and usually try to let them build up for quite awhile before spending them.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

That is true! I did not really think about the fact that they might decide to have them expire. I definitely hear you on saving them up. Although it may be hard for me to resist those Vinylmations!

Quote Originally Posted by MedTG View Post
    That is true! I did not really think about the fact that they might decide to have them expire. I definitely hear you on saving them up. Although it may be hard for me to resist those Vinylmations!
    When you enter them into the site they basically go into a bank of points that you can save for all the vinylamtions you want.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

For sure! And I already have a fair amount banked. Have you encountered any promos just for entering codes. It was just cool to be able to get the Tinker Bell movie on Blu-Ray just for entering the codes in. Plus you still get the points in your bank. I just figured it would be worth waiting a month or two to enter the rest of my codes if there might be more promos like this in the coming months.

I do the Lean Cuisine Rewards program also, and they recently had a similar promotion where you got a free lunchbag for entering X amount of codes.

Thanks for all the responses so far!

Every now and then they have some neat little promos going on. They also have tons of contests where entering a certain code enters you into a contest and yes on rare occasions they have promos where doing so automatically gets you something. My favorites are when it's your birthday or anniversary with them or something else and you get free points vs. having to buy something and enter a code (but you still have to manually enter to get the free points so don't forget that). Honestly it's been so long since we got a movie those are the only points I get these days.

I totally hear you there. Had I not just joined the Disney Movie Club and gotten a bunch of movies at once. I would be the same way, just buying a movie once or twice a year unless something I really wanted came out of the vault.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Don't forget you can also redeem movie tickets and Disney CD's. Both take a bit more time then just typing in a code but it helps. PLUS there are always free codes floating around the internet. If you are on Facebook you should "friend" Disney Movie Rewards. Sometimes there are special codes put out that give you a few points or surveys on the DMR website. Read your members only newsletter you get in your email too. There is usually a link for 5 points or so in there. There are tons of ways to get points!

I may have to start posting on here when those bonus point codes are released.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

I love the little bonus codes from Facebook! Especially when they make it a little trivia game and show the really low-res pictures of a character.

Just an FYI, there's a Bonus Code for a John Carter Sweepstakes on DMR website and there's a Disney Gift card available for 1000 points.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Another Bonus Code online. Enter U13PEKSZZD and get 25 points.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Another Bonus Code online. Enter U13PEKSZZD and get 25 points.
    WOOT! Thanks for sharing!!