Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Brave Reviews in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by tiggerguy relax every one. remember that others may perceive the printed word differently than you do Is somebody upset? I just didn't want Nicholas feeling badly because ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Brave Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    relax every one. remember that others may perceive the printed word differently than you do
    Is somebody upset?

I just didn't want Nicholas feeling badly because something he posted was taken the wrong way. Why you thought it was necessary to intervene there is beyond me.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 07-02-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Exactly. Home for 12:30, bed for a bit after 1, up at 5:07. My brain couldn't process the true meaning of that review, so I posted it and left for the train.

While we're all discussing movies and trailers and what not, the preview for Frankenweenie didn't exactly blow me away, either. I hope there's more to the movie than what they're suggesting in the trailer.
    Haven't seen that one.

But, laying my cards on the table and making it perfectly clear that I do not like horror and/or action movies, I have to admit that Abe Lincoln vampire movie looks like it's going to be a hoot. The new trailer they released for it a couple of weeks ago is really nicely done.

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Is somebody upset?

I just didn't want Nicholas feeling badly because something he posted was taken the wrong way. Why you thought it was necessary to intervene there is beyond me.
    I was pointing out that the poster, from their perspective, thought Nicholas was rude. I was nipping things in the bud before it got any further.

Jeez. I get criticized for stepping in early and criticized for not stepping in time.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Hey, I apologize, Brian. I've moderated a bulletin board before. It's a thankless job.

Seems to me that you do your job just fine. I can understand you having an itchy trigger finger when Mike & I are involved.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Hey, I apologize, Brian. I've moderated a bulletin board before. It's a thankless job.

Seems to me that you do your job just fine. I can understand you having an itchy trigger finger when Mike & I are involved.
    Though we HAVE cooled down quite a bit, and have realized that is IS possible to agree to disagree. Heck, Brian might even be able to take a mini vacation pretty soon if things keep going at this slow happy pace 'round these here parts.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by weepstah View Post

It's really not the usual princess movie (an unfortunately easy charge) since the focus is so strongly on the mother/daughter connection. I can't recall a single Disney animated princess film that does this to be honest. In all of them the mother has died or is otherwise not around. Seriously, can anyone remember one that has such a strong focus on mother/daughter rather than evil step moms, stern dads, or kindly widowed dads? Aurora's parents in Sleeping Beauty are around but are well, kind of just moping around the castle.
    Tangled?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Tangled?
    I think by evil stepmom he was including ALL evil moms. So Tangled is out.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Though we HAVE cooled down quite a bit, and have realized that is IS possible to agree to disagree. Heck, Brian might even be able to take a mini vacation pretty soon if things keep going at this slow happy pace 'round these here parts.
    Hey!!!

Quit trying to tarnish our reputation!

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

****SPOILER ALERT******

Brave isn't your typical Disney princess story. No evil stepmother, and it doesn't end with the princess getting married.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

sayraysay is offline A-Ticket holder

I just got back from the movies. I love pixar and this movie, though not my favorite,was appreciated! I got into the movies for $5 so i can not complain

a devoted disney fan!

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by sayraysay View Post
    I just got back from the movies. I love pixar and this movie, though not my favorite,was appreciated! I got into the movies for $5 so i can not complain
    good deal!

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

"La Luna" is one of the most gorgeous short subjects I've ever seen though. Pixar is getting to the point of having their preceding shorts being better than the feature itself.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by sayraysay View Post
    I saw it today too. I had the same review. The older I get, the more I pay attention to the animation and general art now. Did you see the pizza planet truck and the Monsters Inc reference? Paid the same price too. Probably sat in the same theater.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Rexbitten is offline A-Ticket holder

I actually enjoyed this movie much,much more than i thought i would. It was epic at the start and does get funnier as it goes along. But you just can't beat good storytelling. And BRAVE has goodstorytelling at it's core. Don't miss it i promise it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexbitten View Post
    I actually enjoyed this movie much,much more than i thought i would. It was epic at the start and does get funnier as it goes along.
    I think that's a big part of my fear and disinterest here. Disney, and now Pixar, are trying way to hard with the humor and slapstick lately. Tangled was the same exact way. With Tangled and now Brave, it seems that they are trying harder and harder to release movies that are Dreamworks-worthy. Sad.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast