Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Brave Reviews in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'm starting to get a little discouraged by all the reviews for Brave. Seems like every one I've read talks about how epic the beginning is then reduces itself to ...
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Brave Reviews

I'm starting to get a little discouraged by all the reviews for Brave. Seems like every one I've read talks about how epic the beginning is then reduces itself to slapstick and toddler fodder as the movie progresses.

Do you guys think Pixar has finally fallen off the mountain? Cars 2 seemed like it might've been a mistake, but if two movies in a row don't perform to their standards are you willing to question the health of the studio going forward?

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: Brave Reviews

i didnt care for cars 2 at all.. it was like they were making a movie for the sake of making one.. everyone is doing remakes or part twos.. that are nowhere as good as the first.. like they are grabbing for a ez hit. my hubby isnt going with an my girl to see this.. and he normally always comes with to the movies.. but the trailer hasnt even caught his attention..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

i'm just a kid but i like cars 2 more then one. i hope that Brave is not as bad as all the reviews for Brave are saying.

Imagineer Mel is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    i'm just a kid but i like cars 2 more then one. i hope that Brave is not as bad as all the reviews for Brave are saying.
    I agree, I like Cars 2 better than the first.
    I'm not totally excited about Brave though.
    “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

i saw Brave on thursday and it was epic the hold time! but at the same time it was a lot like Brother Bear the mom got turned in to a Bear and the dad is trying to kille her.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I'm starting to get a little discouraged by all the reviews for Brave. Seems like every one I've read talks about how epic the beginning is then reduces itself to slapstick and toddler fodder as the movie progresses.

Do you guys think Pixar has finally fallen off the mountain? Cars 2 seemed like it might've been a mistake, but if two movies in a row don't perform to their standards are you willing to question the health of the studio going forward?
    Ever the pesimist, I have been saying that this movie was going to stink since last year when I first saw the trailer. It looks awful. Disney has officially started making Dreamworks-worthy films. (Brave, which I'm disappointed in Pixar for, Tangled, etc). Once you start adding in characters like the little bears and the brothers, the movie quickly sides downhill. This one needed to go straight to DVD.

Glad this thread was titled "Brave reviews" and not "Rave reviews".
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

So you saw it?

I thought the trailers for it looked pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    So you saw it?

I thought the trailers for it looked pretty good.
    yes i did.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    i saw Brave on thursday and it was epic the hold time! but at the same time it was a lot like Brother Bear the mom got turned in to a Bear and the dad is trying to kille her.
    Spoiler Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Ever the pesimist, I have been saying that this movie was going to stink since last year when I first saw the trailer. It looks awful. Disney has officially started making Dreamworks-worthy films. (Brave, which I'm disappointed in Pixar for, Tangled, etc). Once you start adding in characters like the little bears and the brothers, the movie quickly sides downhill. This one needed to go straight to DVD.

Glad this thread was titled "Brave reviews" and not "Rave reviews".
    Just for reference, what was the last Disney movie you actually liked?

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I've seen Brave 5 times, and I love it!! As it's only been out for a couple of weeks, I think I could probably double that by the time it leaves theaters
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I didn't care for it much. One of Pixar's worst. It was Freaky Friday + Brother Bear + Snow White + Tangled. Pixar should stay away from fairy tales.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I have a 4 day weekend coming up so we're going to see it then. It's an animated movie. Are some of the critics expecting an Oscar type movie? I happened to like Tangled too. Maybe it's just me. I'm not going into it expecting an intriguing plot line and riveting dialog. Just looking for some entertainment without looking for ways I think it should be changed.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I've seen Brave 5 times, and I love it!! As it's only been out for a couple of weeks, I think I could probably double that by the time it leaves theaters
    I don't even... How is that possible???

I want to see it so bad, but my son was born last thursday, and the wife has just laughed anytime I asked if I might leave her with a screaming baby to go watch a movie for a couple of hours.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I loved Brave. I liked the storyline, the animation, the characters, and the soundtrack. Which is amazing, btw!

I preferred Cars to Cars 2. I was quite restless in the cinema watching Cars 2. It just seemed to drag on.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast