Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StewbotTalborg
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Wreck-It Ralph in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Wreck-It Ralph is the nine-foot-tall, 643-pound villain of the arcade video game Fix-It Felix Jr. , in which the game's titular hero fixes buildings that Ralph destroys. For 30 years, ...
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Wreck-It Ralph

Wreck-It Ralph is the nine-foot-tall, 643-pound villain of the arcade video game Fix-It Felix Jr., in which the game's titular hero fixes buildings that Ralph destroys. For 30 years, Ralph has been doing the same job over and over and has become tired of being the bad guy. Wanting to prove he can be a good guy and not just a villain, Ralph escapes his game through the power cord and lands in Hero's Duty, a light-gun shooter (and apparent first person shooter parody) where he helps the game's hero, Sergeant Calhoun, battle against "Cy-Bugs", the game's alien invaders. He later enters Sugar Rush, a kart racing game set on tracks made of candies, cookies and other sweets. There, Ralph meets Vanellope von Schweetz, one of the game's characters, who has learned that her game is faced with a dire threat that could affect the entire arcade, and one that Ralph may have inadvertently started.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Wreck-It Ralph

You are correct.
    WDW4Ever likes this.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

And so was the site that he copied and pasted the text from, I suppose.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'm surprised nobody has really commented on this movie. We saw it a couple of weekends back and I'd have to rank it right up there with Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo. Best Pixar offering to come out in a long, long time.

Hopefully they're getting back into the groove after the disastrous Cars 2 (finally saw it. It was even worse than I thought it would be), and the not-so-well received (even though we liked it) Brave.

Glenn Briggs is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has really commented on this movie.
    I thought it was good but not a classic like Nemo or Toy Story. Can't put my finger on it, but something was missing.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I kind of thought something similar as I was watching it, Glenn. But, it just kept growing on me.

I'm not sure anything will ever touch Nemo simply because of the parent/child dynamic involved.

This one came close, though. And like you, I can't exactly put my finger on why...

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I really enjoyed the movie. I've seen it twice so far, and already plan on seeing it again
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Saw it last week, excellent movie. Felt like it sort of drug it's feet in the Sugar Rush portion of the movie, other than that it was just charming.

And as excited/proud as Disney Animation has been about W-IR it supposedly is even more pumped about Frozen. To put things in perspective, Wreck-It Ralph will be to The Little Mermaid as Frozen is to Beauty & The Beast.

I don't know if that's true, but it has me really looking forward to seeing Frozen.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Haven't seen it yet but I want too. Not sure when I will with The Hobbit coming out.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

I'm a huge Lord Of The Rings fan, but I can muster almost no excitement at all for The Hobbit. Not sure whether it's due to the lack luster trailers they made for it, or simply Middle Earth burnout, or both.

I'll more than likely see it when it comes out on video, but until then I feel really meh about the whole thing.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I agree. I'm not nearly as excited for Hobbit as I was LotR. I loved the old Rankin Bass Hobbit cartoon much better then the LotR ones.

We'll have to see how it works out.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

I have to admit I'm disappointed Jackson chose to do The Hobbit as another trilogy.

Honestly?

Three movies to tell a story that was 1,000+ pages? And another trilogy to tell a story that was a third as long?

I suppose I shouldn't doubt his ability to do it and make it work. But, it seems a bit excessive.