Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Oz the Great and Powerful. in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Just saw this teaser trailer for the first time today. Looks interesting. http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/d...atandpowerful/...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Oz the Great and Powerful.

Just saw this teaser trailer for the first time today.

Looks interesting.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/d...atandpowerful/

i-neighborhood Guest

Re: Oz the Great and Powerful.

I will be interested to see how good the movie turns out.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I've had really high hopes for this.

I rarely make it to the theater since my son has been born, but this is coming out just two days before my birthday so I've been planning to see it. However I'm starting to hear whispers about it not being very good.

I hope this isn't the case, it has a wonderful cast and I would hate to see Disney's tent pole film flop two years in a row. *cough*John Carter*cough*

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I've had really high hopes for this.

I rarely make it to the theater since my son has been born, but this is coming out just two days before my birthday so I've been planning to see it. However I'm starting to hear whispers about it not being very good.

I hope this isn't the case, it has a wonderful cast and I would hate to see Disney's tent pole film flop two years in a row. *cough*John Carter*cough*
    I still say John Carter could have done better with more merchandising and propaganda, oops, meant advertising. But I'm a sci-fi junkie

I'm intrigued in Oz, maybe even enough to see it in a first run theater.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I just saw that the running time of Oz is 2 1/2 hours, anybody hear if that accurate or in the ball park?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I still say John Carter could have done better with more merchandising and propaganda, oops, meant advertising. But I'm a sci-fi junkie

I'm intrigued in Oz, maybe even enough to see it in a first run theater.
    I really enjoyed John Carter, there's a reason why just about everyone who had anything to do with the marketing of that film were fired. It was a good film that was marketed as being a very poor film.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well, they seem to be marketing the living bejeebus out of this film. So they've got that point covered.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

And it's usually the over-hype that starts getting me a bit worried. Trouble is, they've hyped it and then hyped it again, and still haven't really told what the heck the movie is about. The commercials seem to be more for the effects than the story itself.

Still, my wife is a big fan of the Wizard of Oz, so I think I'll probably be seeing this one anyway.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    And it's usually the over-hype that starts getting me a bit worried. Trouble is, they've hyped it and then hyped it again, and still haven't really told what the heck the movie is about. The commercials seem to be more for the effects than the story itself.

Still, my wife is a big fan of the Wizard of Oz, so I think I'll probably be seeing this one anyway.
    It felt like at the beginning of the marketing campaign that they wanted you to be confused and trying to identify who the Wicked Witch of the West would be, but they've already pretty much let that cat out of the bag...

The witch in the fire scene looks really cool, but the rest of it seems more meh the more I see it. But, I'm a fantasy sci-fi fan, so I'm pulling for it to be good.

I'll probably give it a shot, which is more than I can currently say about The Hobbit. And I was a huge fan of the original trilogy.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I saw the Hobbit and it was OK. But I liked the old Rankin Bass cartoon better. I'll buy the Hobbit to go along with my LoTR box set.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    It felt like at the beginning of the marketing campaign that they wanted you to be confused and trying to identify who the Wicked Witch of the West would be, but they've already pretty much let that cat out of the bag...
    The commercial I saw two nights ago still felt like a teaser trailer. I'm always a bit skeptical when a studio is more worried about how a movie looks than the story of the film. A visually appealing movie that is boring isn't worth seeing.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

kretzcr is offline A-Ticket holder

This ad is driving me crazy. My 2 year old loves the Disney app on the Roku and this ad is played every 5-10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I saw the Hobbit and it was OK. But I liked the old Rankin Bass cartoon better. I'll buy the Hobbit to go along with my LoTR box set.
    Oh, I suppose I'll break down and watch it eventually. But I'll definitely rent it before I buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Oh, I suppose I'll break down and watch it eventually. But I'll definitely rent it before I buy it.
    I haven't seen the other three Lord of the Rings movies (not a 'fantasty' guy), so to an outsider, I have no idea how this new movie isn't one of the other three. Maybe I'm missing something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast