Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: How good a job do you think Disney will do on Star Wars?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Star Wars 7, 8, 9. in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; So as you know Disney signed a BIG deil with gorge Loucas and bought the Star Wars franchise. Now I have been looking at all of the videos about this ...
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Star Wars 7, 8, 9.

So as you know Disney signed a BIG deil with gorge Loucas and bought the Star Wars franchise. Now I have been looking at all of the videos about this as I can find (Wich isn't a lot sice it just came out yesterday) and lot's of people are saying that the new movies should be good but a little bit in them says that it's Disney and mickey mouse and if Disney is going to make it too much for kids. Well I mean why the heck would you think that, how in the world can you think that sice they have made all of those really good marvl movies, and pixar, and you know everything eles. Disney can do no wrong when it comes to movies when it comes to TV not so much anymore. But that's not my point, my point is Disney is going to make this good maybe even gerat. What do you think, put a little post in the posty place where you put posts.
    Last edited by nicholas; 11-02-2012 at 12:31 AM.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Star Wars 7, 8, 9.

Nicholas, please know that I'm not trying to pick on you, but if you want people to read and respond to posts like this you're going to have to do a little bit better job spell checking. I think this is a great topic, but trying to figure out what you're trying to say sometimes is a little bit difficult at times.

Just take your time. I've had difficulties with spelling my whole life, and when I try and rush to put something out it can get pretty ugly.

I think you're a great kid, and I love to see how much passion you have for something you love and are able to be involved in such a great group of like-minded people.

Keep moving forward!

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Thanks! Oh and it also didn't help that I was on my NOOK.

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

The Avengers is a good exampe of what Disney can do for Star Wars, and George Lucas will be there to supervise the story line. from What I understand george Lucas has written 7, 8, & 9, So I Disney has to do is bring to the screen.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'm not a Star Wars mega fan by any means but there are plenty out there. Many of these mega fans out there don't seem to be as excited about Disney Star Wars as those are on the Disney forums. Disney did a nice job with Avengers yet new Star Wars films with the name Disney attached will be held to a different standard than Avengers was.

As I've thought about Lucas and Disney partnering to create more Star War films I wonder about Lucas himself and how ultimately he will contribute. The last film was released in 2005, I don't know how much before that it started to be filmed. Lucas is 68. I wonder over the next 3 years as they film what kind of edge he has many years after his last film. This is a man that now admittedly is changing directions with his life and giving away billions, including the Disney money he is about to receive and spending it on cutting edge Education.

Yay! for Lucas. How cool. I'll just have to wait three years to find out, then in his early 70's if he still has it! Then add in the Disney twist and the film(s) can be fantastic or a disappointment in comparison to the previous non-Disney versions. 2015 is a while to wait and see and that is if Disney can actually stick to the 2015 time-table.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'm not a Star Wars mega fan by any means but there are plenty out there. Many of these mega fans out there don't seem to be as excited about Disney Star Wars as those are on the Disney forums. Disney did a nice job with Avengers yet new Star Wars films with the name Disney attached will be held to a different standard than Avengers was.
    I still am not convinced that the success of Avengers had anything at all to do with "Disney magic". The film was up to par with any of the other recent super hero movies, from what I could see (not a super hero/comic book guy), so I see it more of an early Pixar concept, where another studio made the movie, and then Disney slapped their logo onto it at the end.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I guess if you leave the last two Batman movies out of the equation. Those set the bar a little too high for your average "super hero" movie, IMO.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I still am not convinced that the success of Avengers had anything at all to do with "Disney magic". The film was up to par with any of the other recent super hero movies, from what I could see (not a super hero/comic book guy), so I see it more of an early Pixar concept, where another studio made the movie, and then Disney slapped their logo onto it at the end.
    I believe Disney had a part to play in it. Because if you look at what Marvel was doing before the acquisition they were just giving away film rights to the top bidder and had no control over the product. Look at the movies that came out before Disney came along (Daredevil, Elektra, Fantastic 4's, Spider-Man trilogy), then since (Iron Man's, Thor, Captain America, Avengers). It may not be so much that Disney is solely responsible for making those films great, but they have empowered Marvel Studios to hold on to their own character and make films that advance the brand rather than just taking in fanboy money in the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I guess if you leave the last two Batman movies out of the equation. Those set the bar a little too high for your average "super hero" movie, IMO.
    Saw the first one on a free ticket and HATED it. Saw the second one to check out the hype and enjoyed the parts that weren't painfully slow. Skipped the third one because I had zero interest. But yes, I was thinking about the characters from the Avengers franchise. The only film I saw there, outside of the actual Avengers movie, was the first Iron Man.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Michael Arndt, the screenplay writer for Toy Story 3, will be penning the script for Star Wars 7!!! This is definitely a very good sign. This guy had to take a franchise that had been out of commission for 11 years and put together a new chapter. He was able to capture the feelings we had for the first two and also put his own mark on the trilogy. I think this makes him perfect for Star Wars which has also been away from the Big Screen for 10 years. I hope he can do the same thing
    nicholas likes this.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I would love if Disney would use Timothy Zahn's "Heir to the Empire" Trilogy as the basis for Episodes 7, 8 and 9. This series brought me back into the Star Wars Universe full bore. Excellent storyline, great new villain in Grand Admiral Thrawn and the introduction of Mara Jade.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Sorry, but from what I've heard this will be an entirely new story. So this means no Thrawn
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    Sorry, but from what I've heard this will be an entirely new story. So this means no Thrawn
    That's what I read too. Man what a villain Thrawn would be on the big screen though. Disney really should rethink that decision and look at some of the Expanded Universe writings. Great material there.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

FOCUSING ON STAR WARS: EPISODE VII, LUCASFILM POSTPONES EPISODES II AND III 3D

January 28, 2013Lucasfilm has decided to postpone this fall's scheduled release of Star Wars Episodes II and III in 3D. Given the recent development that we are moving forward with a new Star Wars trilogy, we will now focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII in order to ensure the best possible experience for our fans. We will post further information about our 3D release plans at a later date.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I, II, and III were awful films. I'm glad to hear LucasFilm is willing to let these films rest while they work on redeeming themselves.
    nicholas likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast