Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Another Disney Pixar Sequel in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; BTW, Mrs. ohiodisney... How have you dealt with news of your hubby liking Beverly? I'm smelling marriage counseling......
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Another Disney Pixar Sequel

BTW, Mrs. ohiodisney...

How have you dealt with news of your hubby liking Beverly?

I'm smelling marriage counseling...

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneymom View Post
    I'll give Planes a chance, I'm not as annoyed with Mater/ Larry The Cable guy as David is. Rapunzel is my favorite movie and I would love to see a second full length movie....BUT they would have to let me write it because she needs to grow her hair back out. Short-brown haired Rapunzel, well it's just not her. As far as Dory goes, I'm not a fan of Ellen but she is a really funny person and she makes that character good. I agree as long as it's not the same thing constantly of her forgetting and they add in something else to her character it should be really good.
    You and I seem to follow the same golden rule: No pixie haircuts! If you look at the vast majority of Princesses they all have long, lovely hair. Snow appears in animation to be shorter yet the face character in the parks has lots of hair too. Betting if they could do a re-do she'd have long hair in the animated movie.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    OK, that's a fair point.

I guess I just find the Dory character less apt to become completely irritating.
    Awful ride aside, Dory is my least favorite part of the Finding Nemo attraction.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

It's such a forgettable ride that I don't remember much of anything about it.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I disagree since she pretty much stole the show in the original.

My only true issue is that I wish they'd get out of sequel mode.

Are Up Returns and Brave 2 right around the bend?
    Take a look at the upcoming Pixar movies.

MU: We'll go ahead and call this a "sequel"
    The Good Dinosaur: Original
    The untitled movie that takes you inside the mind: Original
    Finding Dory: Sequel, probably more of a spin off
    The Dia de los Muertos movie: Original

3 out of 5 of their upcoming projects are going to be completely original. I'd say that's pretty good.

If they all come to fruition, yes.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    Take a look at the upcoming Pixar movies.

MU: We'll go ahead and call this a "sequel"
    The Good Dinosaur: Original
    The untitled movie that takes you inside the mind: Original
    Finding Dory: Sequel, probably more of a spin off
    The Dia de los Muertos movie: Original

3 out of 5 of their upcoming projects are going to be completely original. I'd say that's pretty good.
    Will they be good or similar to the quality of Cars2? Quality storylines are no longer a given.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I think there are enough people within Pixar who are still passionate about great storytelling to not allow these projects to go down that lackluster path.

Both Cars movies are huge indictments against Lasseter. Both of those films were his babies. They got made because he wanted them to be made. And he wanted them to be made, I think, because he saw that they would be marketing and merchandising giants, and would make boat loads of money. Granted 1 was miles and miles better than 2 (and I actually don't hate 2) but both have serious storytelling flaws, and instead of taking a step back on production they headbutted their way through it and the proof is in the pudding.
    Lasseter may have been a breath of fresh air when he first walked back through the doors of Disney, but he's been shut up in the offices of all the other higher-ups long enough that he's almost become indistinguishable between the suits running the company outside of his trademark hawaiian shirts.

He will of course have his hands in any Pixar production, as he should, but as long as he's not in a lead creative position I feel pretty good about them. And from what I understand each of these films are someone elses passions, which doesn't ensure they'll be good either, but I feel much better about their chances.

What's the story telling flaw in the first cars?

What's the story telling flaw in the first cars?
    The biggest flaw is all the questions they never bother to ask or answer.

Where do the cars come from, because I'm given the impression there are no kids in the world of Cars? What then was McQueen doing before his rookie season? Did he just come into existence one day and hit the race track? I'd really like to know his backstory. It would really help me care about him more. But I don't feel like he has one.

There's a bunch of other questions I have, but most of them are nitpicky, and I actually really enjoy the movie, so I'll spare you.

I don't expect a kids movie to think about all of those elements of the story, but I don't expect Pixar to make "kids movies".

Seems a bit nitpicky...

But, thanks for the explanation.

I think it told a wonderful story. With all the positive messages, the background of the characters really didn't matter to me.

Where did Mike and Sully come from? Did it really matter?

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

We'll find out in Monsters University.
    HauntedGabe and Mo Noyz like this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    We'll find out in Monsters University.
    We were also given clues about their backstory in the first film, which the new film seems to completely ignore for the most part.

Yeah, but my point is, did it make the story flawed in that case as well?

I mean, we're talking about fantastical monsters and sentient cars. You had the sequence where they told the backstory of Radiator Springs, and the most important aspect of McQueen wasn't where he came from, but the transformation he made in his personality and priorities.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

[

I have trouble putting Pixar films into the worst-to-best list. After the original Toy Story, or maybe everything outside of that series, to me those films are mainly worst-to-least-painful to watch. I guess I'd have to put Incredibles dead last. Too long, too thrown together, etc.

But as far as Monsters, Inc, you're right Scott. I don't much care about Mike or Sully as characters, so not knowing who they are or how they met doesn't make much difference. Why couldn't they have just met at work like everyone else? Is it really important to the story that they knew each other before work? Not at all.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12