I am very excited for the rumored for the new movie version of Into the Woods. I have been a huge fan of the show ever since and even before playing the Baker, but being in the show really rekindled my love for it. I have a huge attachment to the show, I love Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine is one of the greatest book writers in all of musical theater. To see that he is attached to write the screenplay might make me not hate the film. I usually can't stand movie versions of musicals, especially when I know the show so well. My only gripe is that Johnny Depp is in it and (as shown in Sweeney Todd), he is not a good singer. His part is small and doesn't sing much so it isn't a huge problem. I am on the fence about Meryl Streep as the Witch, but I think she'll do decently. Why they couldn't get Bernadette Peters to play the Witch is beyond me, she could still do it. I have never heard of or seen James Corden in anything so I can't pass any prediction on how he will do as The Baker. The Baker has the most complex character arc, so I hope he can do Chip Zien justice. Enough of my rambling, how do you feel about the film, especially people who know and love the stage show (which has been filmed and is on a DVD that you can buy on Amazon, if you haven't seen it. I highly recommend it.).