Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Valiant in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Has anybody went to see the new movie Valiant yet? Was planning on taking the boys today and just wanted to get any feedback. Hoping it isn't as bad as ...

Valiant

Has anybody went to see the new movie Valiant yet? Was planning on taking the boys today and just wanted to get any feedback. Hoping it isn't as bad as Home on the Range!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Valiant has already been out in the UK before, a good few months ago. It was produced in a UK/US effort. Obviously Disney has picked it up now and tried a US release. It's OK, but personally I thought it missed its great potential, but I'm sure kids will love it.

THE 600 POST MARK!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    600 woowoo!!!!!!

Congrats on 600 post mark 20k! I'm sure that the kids will like it, I was just hoping that I might too!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I thought Home on the range was a hoot. . . especially the little short about the sheep on the DVD. Valiant looks like any other CG movie to me, where's the Disney Difference?
    I'll probably take the kids anyway.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    To me it sounds like a good movie for waiting for it's release to VHS and DVD and rent it, instead of spending all of my money on the theaters and getting disapointed.
    Izzy

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    My wife and I took the kids to see Valiant last night. We thought it was great. For those who don't know, Valiant is the name of the main Pidgeon. To me the best characters in the movie are the bad guys. (I'm not going to say too much so as not to ruin it for those planning on seeing it.)

The characters aren't as deep as classic Disney movies but I think that those days are sadly gone. The animation is very good, equally on par with Dreamworks, but not quite as good as Pixar.

For those looking for something to do with the kids on a hot Saturday afternoon, I would say, "go see it." But go for the matinee, movies cost too much anymore. $27 for 2 adults and 2 kids!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey
    My wife and I took the kids to see Valiant last night. We thought it was great. For those who don't know, Valiant is the name of the main Pidgeon. To me the best characters in the movie are the bad guys. (I'm not going to say too much so as not to ruin it for those planning on seeing it.)

The characters aren't as deep as classic Disney movies but I think that those days are sadly gone. The animation is very good, equally on par with Dreamworks, but not quite as good as Pixar.

For those looking for something to do with the kids on a hot Saturday afternoon, I would say, "go see it." But go for the matinee, movies cost too much anymore. $27 for 2 adults and 2 kids!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I thought it would be like how you described it though. Not a classic. I'll probably end up seeing it.

That's a lot of money. And that's not including ! You need popcorn to enjoy a movie! I want to take my little cousin (babysitting),but am afraid it will be too scary for her, she's 4. What do you think Todd?
    Izzy

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    You have to remember this is not a Disney movie. Disney is only distributing it to try to get back some of those millions it gave away to Mikey's friend.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Belle, Our girls are 5 and 3 and complete wimps They get scared on dark rides at WDW and they liked the movie. To me it wasn't any scarrier than Scar and Mufasa's fight scene in Lion King or any of the Beast scenes in BATB where he gets mad. My 5 year old was on my lap for most of the movie and didn't flinch once. Your cousin should be fine.

Like I said though, hit the matinee. That $27 didn't include any popcorn or drinks. Fortunately we had just eaten so the girls didn't complain.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Thanks!
    Izzy

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    You have to remember this is not a Disney movie. Disney is only distributing it to try to get back some of those millions it gave away to Mikey's friend.
    I was just about to say that. And again, it's been and gone in the UK with not much success.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I will probably wait until it goes to DVD. Need Christmas gifts anyway.

Well we went and it was okay. It certainly wasn't the best movie I've ever been to, but far from being the worst. Parker really liked it....Tanner on the other hand slept through part of it (he's only 9 months old though). DH and myself did laugh out loud a couple of times. I'm sure that Parker will want this added to our DVD collection when it comes out.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Has anybody went to see the new movie Valiant yet? Was planning on taking the boys today and just wanted to get any feedback. Hoping it isn't as bad as Home on the Range!
    It does not like that bad. I hope to see it someday