Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss need help (Lilo & Stitch related) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; my daughter and i enjoy watching Lilo & Stitch, however my wife saw one episode in which she claims she saw Stitch "attack a baby monster", and feels the show ...
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!

need help (Lilo & Stitch related)

my daughter and i enjoy watching Lilo & Stitch, however my wife saw one episode in which she claims she saw Stitch "attack a baby monster", and feels the show is violent and inappropriate for the little one to watch. i say that she doesn't know the difference and is just being entertained by the cartoon, music, and voices.

so, your opinion, is Lilo & Stitch (movies and cartoon) appropriate for toddlers? why or why not?

Thanks.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Tell your wife that she needs to watch more episodes of Lilo and Stitch becasue all of them do have a lesson to them. I'm sure your little won't understand that but that the bases of the shows. As far as the violent factor I don't think it violent at all. Its no were near the violent factor like Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry to name a few. I watch Lilo and Stitch faithfully in fact it has a series setting for my DVR so we don't miss an episode.I personally having two children myself would allow your toddler to watch. Like I said I don't think it violent at all compare to some cartoons that just go overboard. Plus Lilo and Stitch cartoons are gear toward the little ones. So tell her she has nothing to worry about. You are right about your daughter just really paying attetion to the music and the cartoon and not whats really going on. I hope this helps

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Razzi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I see nothing wrong with allowing a toddler to watch Lilo & Stitch. While t.v. may influence a child to act a certain way, that is where it is the parents responsibility to step in and correct them and explain the difference. As long as a child is taught the difference between right and wrong from an early age there should be no problem. Too much of blame is laid upon t.v. & video games when it is probably much more likely a result of lackadaisical parenting.
    Don't frown because it's over, Smile because it happened.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I think this is one of those good/bad situations. On one side, it may, like most shows, have some elements of violence. I think how it is handled and iterpreted by the kids and the familes (both mom, dad, and kids) depends on open dialogue in your home.

On the other hand, the show provides some valuable lessons, like about choosing good over evil, family, loyalty, etc.

So I'd say just don't be afraid to discuss these things as a family, and keep the communication channels open.

BTW, I LOVE the show, and watch with my kids.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    dude its called DISNEY'S STICH THE SERIES

if i cant trust disney whats wrong with the world
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    My 3year old DD absolutely LOVES Lilo and Stitch and I watch the TV series every morining with her. I don't see anything wrong with it. As was said earlier there is a lesson in every show. I don't find the violence that bad. There are worse shows out there.

(Her next favourite movie is Scooby Doo on Zombie Island! Now if that doesn't mess her up, it's pretty scary. My 9year old DD is afraid to watch that one, and she watches all the Buffy episodes!)
    Last edited by WDW Donna; 10-30-2005 at 09:52 PM.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009