Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Disney Movie Club in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Just posting to see how many of you are members of the Disney Movie Club, and what you all think of it? I have been a member for over a ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Disney Movie Club

Just posting to see how many of you are members of the Disney Movie Club, and what you all think of it?
    I have been a member for over a year now. I fulfilled my membership agreement of 6 movies I think it was and now I am a VIP member. I personally love it, as a VIP member there are a lot of great sales, free pins, etc. They always send really cute free postcards, I got some free stickers that go on presents from them and I used them all up while wrapping presents the other day.
    The movies are a bit overpriced but once you get to VIP you get better deals and you don't even have to buy another movie ever again and you will stay in the club. I still buy from them but I wait until I get a good deal.
    What do the rest of you think of it. If anyone wants to join I believe you get three movies for $1.99, and if you reference me as a friend I can get a free movie (I'm not trying to advertise it, just letting you know ).
    So how many members we got out there?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

MrBear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Have a Link?

figment'smoose is offline E-Ticket Holder
    hey, i'm glad you posted this shere_kahn. i've been wondering about this for awhile now. have you had to deal with any of the real people or just done everything online. i have had way too many horrible experiences with places like columbia house and don't want to have to deal with that again. i'm sure with it being disney it's automatically better but just curious.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I am also a VIP member and I like it and have never had any problems with it. but I definitely would not expect it to be any better than Columbia House just because it's Disney.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    www.disneymovieclub.com

I have used the online services more, but have called to place orders a few times.
    I have never had a bad experience with it at all.
    The movies are normally 19.95 for a DVD (if they are new movies) and then 3.95 shipping, all additional movies are 1.00 more for shipping I believe. Some movies you can get for 10, occasionally they have percents off deals or buy two movies and get them both for ten, etc.
    So it really isn't that great of a deal in price to be honest. But you just need to buy 6 in one year to fulfill your requirement and then like I said before, you never have to buy a movie from them again and you are still in the club. Once you buy 6 you are a VIP member, you get better discounts, I get free pins sometimes for buying a movie. I really like it. Let me know if you have any more questions.
    To be honest your first year you probably will spend the same amount as you would just buying them in the store. This is easier though
    Also I believe when you sign up you can get movies for cheaper when you sign up and those will count towards your commitment. It's worth checking out.
    I have done Columbia house and got completely ripped off. I don't feel that way about the DMC.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan