Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Bringing down the Bear.... in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; An article in USA Today outlines The Disney Company's plans to replace Christopher Robin with a "Tomboyish 6 year old girl" Read the whole article here... With the success of ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Bringing down the Bear....

An article in USA Today outlines The Disney Company's plans to replace Christopher Robin with a "Tomboyish 6 year old girl"

Read the whole article here...

With the success of the Winnie the Pooh franchise, why on earth would they want to do this?

Not to mention that boy friendly characters and stories at Disney are few and far between. Little girls already love Pooh and Friends, why must they change the basics of this 80 year old classic piece of literature.

One of the best things about Winnie the Pooh is that a Grandmother, Mother and child can all sit down together and know the characters of this age old tale and its off spring. Now, as in so much of the other programming children watch, they will have to explain the show to the adults, or worse yet, the adults will have a "reason" to bow out of watching along with the children.

Nancy Kanter of the Disney Channel is quoted as saying "We hope people will fall for this new tomboyish girl. The last thing we want to be is the ones who brought the franchise down."

Good Luck with that.

Sad. Very sad.
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 12-07-2005 at 02:11 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

WHAT!?!?!?! They cannot change a classic!!! What are they thinking?!?! For shame!

Swackiron is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That is going to be a disaster. Like you said, they have so many stories that have girls in the main position (not that I'm complaining, as one of the reasons I love Anime so much is because they always have strong female leads), but an 80 year old classic story? Don't mess with it....
    Flying is the simple act of throwing yourself at the ground and missing.

Douglas Adams R.I.P.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    That is BEYOND WRONG!

Wasn't the character for the author's son?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Okay, who wants to author the petition?

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    As a lover of all things Winnie, and I speak for my son and two daughters as well here-WHY!!!! WHY!!!! Is this supposed to be politically correct? An androgynous girl-are they still gonna call her "Chris"?? I am not amused at all by this at all!!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Unbelievable!!!!

I get home from work and find the Disney Insider in my email inbox, there I find this article "Celebrating 80 Years of Adventures with Winnie the Pooh" .

Can you believe they have the nerve to try and celebrate what they are trying to bring down? All of those memories and history of the Disney-Milne connection being tossed out like the daily trash.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Tampa is offline No longer in service

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    This just in...apparently Mickey Mouse is going to be replaced by a new kind of animal. The Disney Company is hoping that people will like this new animal, because they don't want to be the ones to ruin the company.

***The above story is for example purposes only as to what might happen if this horrible trend continues***

Why on earth would they change a classic like that?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    That really doesnt make sence, and yea i think it was for Milne's son because they were the son's toys. They should leave it as it is. They could add a character as his friend maybe and make it still but then again that would be weird too bc the characters are his and they only are alive because he is friends w/ them (kinda like puff the magic dragon and no its not about drugs)

They have to keep it as it is. Changing classics that still draw people of all ages and those that have already kown it is just wrong.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Seriously dragging into main street and shooting with maybe not bullets but paintballs or something comes to mind.