Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Narnia Sequel in The Works in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; This just in--the four main characters and the director (I am not very fond of this director) have signed on for the sequel to The Lion, The Witch and The ...
    nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!

Narnia Sequel in The Works

This just in--the four main characters and the director (I am not very fond of this director) have signed on for the sequel to The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. The sequel is entitled Pricne Caspian based of another book in the C.S. Lewis series.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Are they skipping A horse & his boy? or is that not the order?
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

From what I understand (and the rumors flying around inside WDW) they are either going to be skipping some books or just added a few plot points from them in the ones they are making.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    well, they obviously skipped The Magician's Nephew. I think they should have done it in order, but I uderstand why they did tL,W,W first.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

actually Mapgician's Newphew was orginially book 6 I believe. They changed the order when they rereleased them.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose

WAHOO! Thanks for the info Nathan!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Yummy!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    whoa whoa whoa. wait a sec. they changed the order from the original order? the Magician's Nephew was number 6 originally. Prince Caspian was number 2. Voyage of the Dawn Treader was number 3. the Silver Chair was number 4, The Horse and His Boy was number 5, and number 7 was the Last Battle.

If we can dream it, we can do it

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    If they are going to use the same people to play the four children, they should have already filmed Prince Caspian. William Moseley (Peter) is 18 now, if I am not mistaken, and Prince Caspian is only supposed to take place a year later (Earth time). Those kids are too old. The Horse and His Boy takes place during the reign of Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy. I can understand why they started with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, but I still think they should have made The Magician's Nephew first. the7thAve's numbers are way messed up. Chronilogically the books are - The Magician's Nephew, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Horse and His Boy (this actually takes place during the last chapter on The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe), Prince Caspian, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, and The Last Battle.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    If they are going to use the same people to play the four children, they should have already filmed Prince Caspian. William Moseley (Peter) is 18 now, if I am not mistaken, and Prince Caspian is only supposed to take place a year later (Earth time). Those kids are too old. The Horse and His Boy takes place during the reign of Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy. I can understand why they started with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, but I still think they should have made The Magician's Nephew first. the7thAve's numbers are way messed up. Chronilogically the books are - The Magician's Nephew, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Horse and His Boy (this actually takes place during the last chapter on The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe), Prince Caspian, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, and The Last Battle.
    you go girl!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    The Horse and His Boy was probably skipped because Peter, Susan, Lucy and Edmund are not in it, same with The Magician's Nephew. People will get confused.

In Voyage of the Dawn Treader only Lucy, Edmund and their cousin Eustace go to Narnia.
    Peter and Susan are away and do not end up going to Narnia with the others. They do not appear until the Last Battle when all the characters come together for that book (which is in my opinion the best of them all. Magician's Nephew comes in a close second.)

If Magician's Nephew is made they will pull a Star Wars thing and make it one of the last movies made to show how everything came about.

According to the first publishing dates here is the order the books were written
    The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - 1950
    Prince Caspain - 1951
    The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - 1952
    The Silver Chair - 1953
    The Horse and His Boy - 1954
    The Magician's Nephew - 1955
    The Last Battle - 1956.
    Last edited by WDW Donna; 01-07-2006 at 12:37 PM.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

The adult Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are in The Horse and His Boy. (Peter is away fighting giants.) If they were to make that movie, they can use the adult actors that portrayed them in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. They looked like their child counterparts. The only thing that was wrong according to the books is that Susan is supposed to have hair that comes down to her ankles. In case someone is reading the books, I will write this in white and whoever wants to read this correction of WDWDonna's post can highlight it. Susan doesn't actually appear in The Last Battle. She quits believing in Narnia and doesn't go to the Narnian heaven with the rest of the children/.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Hillary is right. My bad. In my defence it has been many years since I have read some of the books.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna
    Hillary is right. My bad. In my defence it has been many years since I have read some of the books.
    It's no problem. I just wanted to set it all straight.
    - Hillary

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    the7thAve's numbers are way messed up. Chronilogically the books are - The Magician's Nephew, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Horse and His Boy (this actually takes place during the last chapter on The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe), Prince Caspian, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, and The Last Battle.
    that is the chronological order, yes. I was referring to the order they were originally released in.
    Last edited by the7thAve; 01-09-2006 at 09:55 AM.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast