Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Cinderella in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I know that Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella is not a Disney show (although it was made into a movie aired on ABC) but as some of you may know I ...
    Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland

Cinderella

I know that Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella is not a Disney show (although it was made into a movie aired on ABC) but as some of you may know I had an audition for the show at a local community theater. The first night (Sunday) went alright, but, my voice was a little sore from Mandy and my meeting with the girls at WDW. Anyway, I got through the audition and afterward the director said that if we felt we did not do as well as we should have to come back on the next night (Monday). I did. Before I auditioned on the second night, the direcor pulled me aside and was asking me about my history with music and how she wanted me to become a Music Director and how she wanted me to do this and that, I just sat and agreed and was very modest (which I think she liked) and I auditioned and after the second night was over she asked me to stay. I waited around for a few minutes and she then gave me a schedule (before the rest of those that were cast on FRIDAY) and she said that she was going to think of where she was going to put me. So far this is where I am at: I am in the Chorus (the backup people), I am the harolder(sp?) (the one that announces that the Prince is having a ball), and am a Musical Director. The first rehearsal is on March 13, 2006 and that is when I will find out for sure if I am going to music or stage, but right now it is stage.
    I would like to thank you for your support and if you have an questions about tickets or anything, please PM me.

Show Opening Thursday, May 11, 2006
    Performances at 7pm May 12(F), 13(Sa), 19(F), 20(Sa), 24(W), 26(F), 27(Sa)
    Performances at 1:30pm Sunday, May 14,21,28
    www.richeysuncoasttheatre.com
    Last edited by Summer Sun; 03-07-2006 at 01:28 PM.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

_Tinkerbell_ is offline B-Ticket Holder

Congrats on your casting. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Tink
    x
    When you Wish Upon a Star.......

Off Site - 1993
    All Star Sports - 1996
    All Star Music - 1998
    Off Site -2000
    Off Site - 2003
    Next, Coronado Springs - July 2006

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    WHOOO HOOOOO WTG We can say we knew you when break a leg dude
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    I didn't know you started a thread on this!! You already know I am very happy for you and I can't wait you see it!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Congratulations, Summer Sun! May it be the first of many exciting things!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    That is awesome!! I bet all of us screaming our way thru EE and Tower of Terror hindered your audition-Sorry! But we had fun, didn't we? Has your arm healed from me squeezing it to death on ToT?

Anyway, Congrats-you are following your dream-Walt would be very proud.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Wow... congratulations summer sun, make sure you keep us little folks over here on dwt posted
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Congratulations - I was in this show as a dancer a few years ago - it is a great play. Just curious - I was looking at the website and there description of the show reads as follows...

"The most celebrated of all the Rodgers & Hammerstein's classics - CINDERELLA!! The beloved fairy tale becomes pure magic as beautiful Cinderella shares her dreams of romance and a better life with the lovable mice Gus and Jaq. Treasure it ... happily ever after as only Richey Suncoast Theatre can perform!"

Are they attempting to incorporate the Disney version into the R+H version? (Gus and Jaq are Disney add on's to the story - the mice are not given names, nor charectors in this version) Just curious...

Congrats again and from one actor to the next - break a leg!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Well, I found out that the stage version is no longer available to produce so they are looking at the television version. Also, I think they might be using just the names. I will get back to you next week about this
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    OK, keep us posted!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yeah - I would love to hear about the show - I am a community theatre girl (support your local art people!!)

Two interesting tid-bits on R+H's Cinderella, the show has never been on Broadway. There have been 3 film versions of it, but no one has ever produced it on Broadway or London's West End... AND... The role of Cinderella was written by Rogers and Hammerstein specifically for Julie Andrews who starred in the original film version (and my personal favorite version) The (very) young Julie took a two week hiatus from My Fair Lady on Broadway (where she originated the role of Eliza Doolittle) to rehearse and film the live version of Cinderella... Pretty cool huh?

Okay - so now you know... I am a theatre-geek... sorry!

Hey Everyone-

Just wanted to let you know that tonight is "Friends and Family Night" for the production of Cinderella that Paul's in...so it's a practice for opening night tomorrow!! My roommate Raena and I are going to cheer him on, along with our friend Laura and Paul's grandma. I'm so excited and I'm sure he'll do great!!! I'll let you know how it is when I get home!

Break a leg, Paul!!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Break a leg, Paul!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

He did great!!!!!!! It went very well!!!! He'll have to tell you all about it when he gets back on..I don't want to steal his thunder...

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast