Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Nightmare Before Christmas - in 3D! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; "Nightmare" awakens for 3-D release By Sheigh Crabtree LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Sally will drop nightshade into Dr. Finkelstein's tea in 3-D come Halloween, when Walt Disney Pictures releases ...
    PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Thumbs up Another article

"Nightmare" awakens for 3-D release

By Sheigh Crabtree

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Sally will drop nightshade into Dr. Finkelstein's tea in 3-D come Halloween, when Walt Disney Pictures releases a digitally remastered version of "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas."
    The digital release of the 1993 stop-motion animated classic is set for October 20.

"Nightmare" marks the second digital 3-D theatrical release from Disney after "Chicken Little" did banner business last year in digital 3-D on 84 U.S. screens at 81 locations. The digital 3-D boxoffice returns outperformed the standard screenings nearly 3-to-1, according to Disney estimates.

Burton and "Nightmare" director Henry Selick are involved in the digital remastering of the stop-mo feature starring Jack Skellington, the pumpkin king of Halloween Town.

"When visitors came to visit the set of 'Nightmare Before Christmas,' they were always amazed by the intricate sets and beautiful puppets -- that they actually existed in miniature," Selick said Monday. "It was disappointing to see this effect lost on film. By remastering for 3-D, I hope that some of this magic can be captured and shown to the audience in a way they've never seen before."

Disney's rerelease of the wicked tale represents the first 3-D feature to stake a claim on the Halloween holiday, much like Warner Bros. Pictures called dibs on the Christmas frame with the 3-D rerelease of 2004's "The Polar Express."

"Nightmare" is in the early stages of being digitally scanned and converted into 3-D by the computer-graphics group at George Lucas' Industrial Light + Magic.

Executives were reluctant to discuss the design of the 3-D passive glasses that will be handed out to audiences at "Nightmare" screenings but suggested they will be appropriately ghoulish and collectible.

Domestically, "Nightmare" made $50.3 million when first released in 1993.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 05-15-2006 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Found another article
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Looks like I've awoke a "monster"!

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Hehe yes it does!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Looks like I've awoke a "monster"!
    Oh just you wait...
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink918
    Hehe yes it does!
    It'll get even worse when October gets closer and/or I find out more info on the re-release...
    ~Bobby Jack

I'm the same way when it comes to Rascal Flatts stuff (music/tickets/dvds etc)...so I know how it goes! But it's fun to have an obsession though!! ;-)

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    i met them (Rascal Flat) in St. Louis. They were openin' for Toby Keith (long story short). I knew Toby's road mgr so i got back stage passes whenever he was in town. Well, this particular night, i went alone & was sittin' backstage when my husbands sis calls freakin' out cuz rascal flatt is opening for Toby. I'd never heard of them at this point (a few years ago) so I'm on the phone w/ her & all these roadies were in the room w/ me eatin' pizza. I said, "If anyone sees a guy called rascal flatts, let me know, I need to get an autograph for my sis n law." They all looked at me & one guy (who had actually hit on me earlier) started laughin' & said, "Well, do you have a pen?" I have to say I was pretty embarrassed I had no idea who they were. David (my buddy) was laughin' his tail off. It was them I was hangin' with.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Omg!! That Is Sooo Cool!!! I Am Sooooo Envious!!

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think I just might have to wear my handmade Sally dress for the premiere of that one...

EEEEE I'm happy now!

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I wonder if there is any way to find out which markets are going to be getting this release. There's an IMAX here, but I doubt it'll come here.

looks like I may be making a drive...

If we can dream it, we can do it

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Update!!!!

I just got back from seeing "Monster House" in 3-D (very fun movie!) and they showed two 3-D previews from Disney: Meet the Robinsons and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Nightmare looks absolutely awesome in 3-D!!! I know it was a visually stunning movie to begin with, but to see Jack walking on the curly hill with the 3-D effects was breathtaking!

I can't wait until Oct. 20th when it is released!

More theaters seem to be installing whatever they need to project the 3-D films, too. My local theater has Monster House 3-D, whereas for Chicken Little I had to drive a ways to get to one of only 2 theaters that had it.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Hmmm, I'd probably have to drive to Atlanta to see it. Unless they play it in Chattanooga. That would be good. Go see it while at the In-Laws.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Bobby..... It's October!!!!

Chec out the cool stuff on Disney's website all about TNBC....

The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D "So Real it's Scary"

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm so excited! I'm going to walk around in my handmade Sally dress and carry around my Jack Skellington ragdoll.

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post
    Bobby..... It's October!!!!

Chec out the cool stuff on Disney's website all about TNBC....

Thanks MBabe! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond! Can you believe I've yet to check out all the NBC stuff on Disney.com? I've been too busy! I just checked online though and found out that TNBC in 3-D will be playing in my town!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Bobby Jack

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast