Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Disney toys no longer being offered in Happy Meals in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I heard on the news this morning that Disney is not going to renew their contract with McDonalds giving them the licensing rights to use Disney related movie figurines in ...

Unhappy Disney toys no longer being offered in Happy Meals

I heard on the news this morning that Disney is not going to renew their contract with McDonalds giving them the licensing rights to use Disney related movie figurines in their Happy Meals. To be honest.....the Disney toys in the Happy Meals is the only thing that brings us to McDonalds. Apparently Disney wants to distance themselves from the unhealthy food business. Maybe they can make an agreement with Subway! I prefer to go there anyways!!!!!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    What happened to McDonalds wanting to distance thenselves from Disney?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    More food for thought: http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...5/08/2288.aspx

They will have the toys for Cars and Pirates II at McDonalds, and that will be the end this summer. In some ways, I'm happy about this - we'd eat way too many cheeseburgers to collect a complete set of toys (which wasn't too bad if it were a set of 8, but anyone remember the 101 Dalmatians? or even the HCoE toys/cards last year?) But I do love those little toys!

There will still be ties between the companies - McDonalds sponsors DinoLand USA and has several food locations at WDW.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Yeah Pat, I hear ya! I don't even like McDonalds, but had to have those toys! I knew that they were going to be having a couple more promotions before their current contract expired and I was hoping it included PotC II so thanks for that information!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    It's a sad, sad event for dissylove and her kids.

But I agree-I'll be spending a whole lot less time at McD's once these toys are gone....Wendy's frescata sandwiches, here I come!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I'm pretty sure you could buy the toys without getting the poison.

If we can dream it, we can do it

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Sometimes McDonalds would let you buy just the toy for a dollar or so, but not always. It may have depended on the promotion or that particular store manager, I don't know.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page