Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss The Disney Channel needs to change in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; i remember the game shows. They use to have mad libs, and stuff. The first time i visited Disney we watched The :mickey: Mouse Club, and even though it's a ...
    Goofygurl2004 is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation hi

i remember the game shows. They use to have mad libs, and stuff. The first time i visited Disney we watched The :mickey: Mouse Club, and even though it's a classic, it's still good TV. If you want some good Disney Ent. subscribe to Toon Disney. I'm 14,and a freshman and High School and all that stuff on Disney now doesn't cater to me. Also, ABC is Family is good.

I'll always miss the old Disney, that was good TV:popcorn: :hurray:
    i love Disney yes i do
    I love Disney WOrld
    How about you

Disney World-- Where everything is Magical!

Almost there[br]

<CENTER>Goin to WDW

Goin to WDW[br]</CENTER>

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    You know, I think a healthy mix of the current style programming and what we want is probably best. As much as we may hate it, I think it's much better than a lot of the Nick stuff (not that I have anything against it, but the disney stuff is a bit more wholesoem) and it all is pretty popular.

"Disney has lost sight of what made them a great Company"

I dunno.. It's just that not everyone here is representative of the general public. I don't think that necessarily making new shows, new stories, and trying new things is bad. In fact it's good. I don't think they've lost track of what made them a great company. They're telling stories - usually pretty good ones - and also even teaching a bit while they do it. They may not be showing the heritage that led up to the current state of things, and that sort of vault disney type thing at night would be nice. But I don't think all that many people would actually watch the classic programming if shown during "prime" after-school and evening time. And I'm sure many parents like having the playhouse stuff on during the day...

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I miss all of the old Disney short cartoons.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    If I had kids, I'd rather have them watch the Disney channel then Sponge Bob Squarepants.....I just don't see why he is so popular.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    "If I had kids, I'd rather have them watch the Disney channel then Sponge Bob Squarepants.....I just don't see why he is so popular."

I actively dislike sponge bob square pants and he was exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about in my post... TV turns your brain to mush, sponge bob does it twice as fast...

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    "If I had kids, I'd rather have them watch the Disney channel then Sponge Bob Squarepants.....I just don't see why he is so popular."

I actively dislike sponge bob square pants and he was exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about in my post... TV turns your brain to mush, sponge bob does it twice as fast...
    I knew I liked you two for a reason. I cannot stand SpongeBob either.

Regarding the Disney channel, I realize their need to appeal the tween market...but how many times in one 24 hour period do we need to see the same episode of Lizzie or Raven? I liked the old format where late nights were reserved for Vault Disney, not a repeat of the daytime programming.

Oh well....I should know by now I'm almost never in the group Disney is trying to appease when it comes to tv programming, Disney Store merchandise, and at times the parks themselves....
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I agree with the Spongebob comments. For the life of me, I can't figure out why he's so popular and, yes, I still like watching cartoons!

As for the programming on the Disney Channel, I'm sure some suits did a study and decided that appealing to the 'tween market was the best way for them to earn more $$. That left the rest of us out in the cold, unfortunately.

When Disney first purchased Fox Family Channel (now ABC Family), many people - myself included - said that they should turn this into a Vault Disney Channel ala TV Land. I even wrote to Disney to suggest this. Never heard a thing back from them.

I used to love the Vault Disney shows that were on the Disney Channel after 11 p.m. We would sometimes tape some of them so the kids could watch them on the weekend. My kids liked some of the made for TV Disney movies from the '70's as well as the feature films they showed. They also ran a lot of the specials that were on the Wonderul World of Disney during it's heyday - shows about the park openings and anniversaries (pre-Ei$ner).

I really wish they would bring Vault Disney back . . .
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Pacha is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have two kids; both girls, one 3, the other 5. They rarely watch Disney Channel because they say it's boring. They'd rather watch Noggin, Nick or Nickjr. They do love Disney movies, so it's definitely not an anti-Disney thing going on here.

I think they (and I) would watch more DC if the following changes were made...

1. Drop 'Power Rangers'. Or, move it off of DC and have it only on ABC. Shows like that are just "not Disney" and are definitely not good for little kids. I'd almost rather have them watch Spongebob than PR!

2. More educational programming. Science Channel is wonderful for adults and Noggin great for young kids. But nothing that has that sort of "splits the difference". How about a weekly half hour segment that covers some of the research they're doing in Living Seas? Or The Land? Or things outside of Disney, like NASA? That stuff is totally cool and I know my girls would love it as much as I would!

3. Have more behind the scenes shows on Disney. Yeah, they do have 'Imagineer That' segments, but let's face it; those shows are really just poorly disguised ads for the parks. Travel Channel had a few shows recently about WDW that were educational, fun to watch and made me want to head to WDW even more!

4. Enough Raven already! Don't get me wrong; I have nothing against Raven or the other talented young ladies on DC. It's just that every time you turn on DC, there's either a show with Raven, a music video with Raven or a commercial with Raven. Too much of a good thing is not good, you know?

5. Throw in a classic show or cartoon here and there. A lot of those shows are really timeless and I bet would be pretty popular.

6. More shows like 'House of Mouse'. Those short, light hearted, slapstick type cartoons are really fun. And please, no 'House of Raven'!

What do you all think? Any of the above sound interesting? Any other ideas that might help improve our TV viewing?

DisneyFreak1963 is offline A-Ticket holder

I miss Vault Disney

I also miss Vault Disney. The shows that they used to show were the best thing about the Disney Channel. I also liked the fact that they showed the old shows from The Wonderful World of Disney. That brought bac memories of my childhood sitting around the tv on Sunday night with my family watching the shows. I liked the old Mickey Mouse Club shows that they ran. And who could forget Zorro. Well this trip down memory lane has been fun.

:mickey: Remember it all started with a mouse :mickey:
    Remember it all started with a mouse :mickey: Ben

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    I miss "Kids Incorporated"... that was great to watch when I was younger. I also loved the 90's "MMC" and the "Alice in Wonderland" show.
    Now there's Lizzie McGuire and *shudder* That's So Raven. I'm sorry, but Raven Symone is the Anti-Christ. Whenever she comes on my tv, I scream and throw the remote at the television.... ok, maybe I don't hate her... I just heartily dislike her.

It wasn't so bad a few years back when Jett Jackson and So Wierd were on... but I rarely ever watch the Disney Channel anymore.

Speaking of all that... I also wish that Nickelodeon would do the same thing.... noggin used to show some of the old shows for a while... Pete and Pete, Clarissa, etc... they need to start showing some of the classic Nick shows on Nick, the-n, or something.... the only time I get to watch old Nick shows is when GAS shows the old gameshows.
    Last edited by rosworms; 02-13-2005 at 08:47 PM.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Tonight they had a 2 hour Lizzie Marathon on the DC, at 6 and 7 p.m. Evidence to me that they are not that interested in kids like my children, ages 4 and 7. I think it is wierd programing. We normally do activities and of course school during the day. On the weekends, basically the only chance they get to watch tv is after dinner. So, when they are running IMHO the "good" shows for kids (lilo and stitch, etc....) my kids are busy. When they can watch, it is Raven, Lizzie....I don't get it. We kind of like Phil of the Future, though....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak1963
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that the new Disney Channel format stinks? I was thrilled when my cable company put the Disney Channel on its standard cable lineup. I was excited to see the old Mickey Mouse Club series as well as the show Zorro back on my TV . I also watched the old cartoons and still enjoyed them as I did when I was a child, but now none of the classic Disney shows are aired any more. Does anyone know why the format was changed?
    The Disney Channel that disney has now is all about the kids. What happened to family entertainment that the old disney channel had.

towerofterror is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think House of Mouse is a cute show. I'm not a fan of toon disney though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12