Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss The Disney Channel needs to change in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Is it just me or does anyone else think that the new Disney Channel format stinks? I was thrilled when my cable company put the Disney Channel on its standard ...
    DisneyFreak1963 is offline A-Ticket holder

The Disney Channel needs to change

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the new Disney Channel format stinks? I was thrilled when my cable company put the Disney Channel on its standard cable lineup. I was excited to see the old Mickey Mouse Club series as well as the show Zorro back on my TV . I also watched the old cartoons and still enjoyed them as I did when I was a child, but now none of the classic Disney shows are aired any more. Does anyone know why the format was changed?
    Remember it all started with a mouse :mickey: Ben

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak1963
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that the new Disney Channel format stinks? I was thrilled when my cable company put the Disney Channel on its standard cable lineup. I was excited to see the old Mickey Mouse Club series as well as the show Zorro back on my TV . I also watched the old cartoons and still enjoyed them as I did when I was a child, but now none of the classic Disney shows are aired any more. Does anyone know why the format was changed?
    All I can say to that is "Join the Club," but apparently not the one that is made for you and me.

Many of us Disney fans are irked by the tween format on the Disney Channel. They got a Toon Disney Channel, they need add a Classic Disney Channel for the Vault Disney stuff. I got a kick out of the old MM Club with Annette and company late on tv at night. I wasn't around the first time to see all the old stuff, so Vault Disney was usually my first glimpse at Classic Disney programming.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

DisneyFreak1963 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree. it seems to me that Disney has lost sight of what made them a great Company......that the things that they did in the past are just as good today as when they were first done
    Remember it all started with a mouse :mickey: Ben

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Agreed... Give me WDW Inside Out and I'll be happy!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm with you Lou! I thought I was the only one who rememebred that show!!

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    The only good shows that Disney Channel is currently showing are Kim Possible, The Weekenders and Boy Meets World.

No more tailspin and Rescue Rangers though
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Hey...the best shows on the Disney Channel is Lilo and Stitch the series and The house of mouse.

They are running 8 hours Lilo and Stitch followed by the movie on Thanksgiving day.
    Can't wait!!!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Hey...the best shows on the Disney Channel is Lilo and Stitch the series and The house of mouse.

They are running 8 hours Lilo and Stitch followed by the movie on Thanksgiving day.
    Can't wait!!!!

I knew I liked you April!!

And in case you don't know, Lilo and Stitch on Fridays at 4PM are new episodes. I wish they were still making new House of Mouse episodes.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    The Mr. was complaining just the other day that DC never has any good movies on like they used to have. Once upon a time you could see a GREAT Disney movie every night just before Zorro. Zorro was our just before we turn off the lights show. Man, I miss the old format..........

But House of Mouse and Stitch ARE the BEST shows currently on DC.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    You cna tell I have a one year old when the first shows that come to mind are "Bear in the Blue House", "Stanley" and the "Higglytown Heroes"

(and TRUST ME - you DON'T want to hear me sing those songs!!)
    Lou Mongello

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    If you haven't seen Bear perform "Sleigh Ride" you haven't seen good entertainment! Bear is hilarious.

Yes, I have a 4 (almost 5) year old and a 2 year old who love Bear, Stanley, the Higgly bunch, etc. etc. etc.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I stopped watching The Disney Channel after they changed the original lineup of "So Weird". That was a great show.

Sunday nights, we would eat pizza and watch WDW Inside Out followed by So Weird. The only thing my kids (10 & 13) have watched on there, in the past few years, is Kiim Possible.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I have witnessed the calming power of a Stanley toy. I must now see the show to understand it....

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    What ever happened to the game shows they had on there? (If you haven't figured it out by now, I am a game show freak) And yes, Lou, I'm with ya...we need WDW Inside Out back again!!!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    I have witnessed the calming power of a Stanley toy. I must now see the show to understand it....
    BWAAHAHAHA!!!! How true!! now if you only heard me SING it, then you'd worry!!

Lou Mongello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast