Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Nitpicking Disney Movies & Other Observations in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; You've seen the movies too many times to count. You know them forwards and backwards. However, you can't help but to notice...? Now this doesn't take anything away from the ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Nitpicking Disney Movies & Other Observations

You've seen the movies too many times to count. You know them

forwards and backwards. However, you can't help but to notice...?

Now this doesn't take anything away from the movie or your

enjoyment. But it makes you wonder....huh? why? but? what?

I'll start with a favorite of mine.

Beauty and the Beast:

1. Now the narrator states the rose will continue to bloom until his 21st year and Lumiere later sings "ten years we've been rusting needing so much more than dusting." Now does this mean the Beast was 11 when he met up with the Enchantress or has his age been "frozen" under the spell?

2. And how come the villagers didn't seem to know about the castle
    until Maurice and Belle stumbled upon it? Was that part of the
    spell too?

What other things have you noticed or wondered about in this or other Disney flms?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    because I want to see other's responces.

In the Emperor's New Groove, Kronk's "bad" shoulder angel makes a big deal of the fact that the "good" shoulder angel is wearing a dress. Why is important, considering that all of the men in this movie, including Kronk, also wear dresses?

I know there are more things than this that I have thought of, but they are not coming to mind right now, so I will add them later if I think of them.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I've always wondered about the Beauty and the Beast thing too, Manda. Do you really think the enchantress would put a spell like that on an 11 year old? Of course I know several 11 year olds who need to be taught a lesson...........................

In Aladdin, Prince Achmed (the only other suitor for Jas we see, other than Al) storms out of the room with the back of his pants ripped. Yet, Rajah holds in his mouth, a piece of Achmed's boxers, which appeared unharmed when we see the shot of Achmed's ripped pants. I realize that they did not want to show Achmed's rear end in the movie, but why not let Rajah have a piece of his pants in his mouth? I guess they just thought the piece of boxers was just funnier.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

I found this one about Aladdin on moviemistakes.com - I had never thought about this before.

"In the scene when Jasmine is trying to seduce Jafar to distract him so that Aladdin may seize the lamp, Jafar notices Aladdin's reflection in Jasmine's crown. Jafar is substantially taller than Jasmine. When he notices the reflection after the famous "Kiss", Jasmine's head is looking up at Jafar. It is impossible for the crown to have reflected Aladdin crouching on the floor. It should have reflected Jafar's hat or the ceiling area."
    - Jas (Rebecca)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I've always wondered about the Beauty and the Beast thing too, Manda. Do you really think the enchantress would put a spell like that on an 11 year old? Of course I know several 11 year olds who need to be taught a lesson...........................

No, I'm leaning towards everyone in the castle had their age "frozen" when they were put under the Enchantress' spell.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I think I agree with the "frozen theory." The Beast did not look 11 years old when they show him at the beginning of the movie in the stain glass windows.
    - Jas (Rebecca)