Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which Aladdin DVD are you getting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Which Aladdin DVD are you getting? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I attempted to buy the new Aladdin DVD on Tuesday and found myself not sure of what I really wanted or needed. I decided to ask you, my friends, to ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Question Which Aladdin DVD are you getting?

I attempted to buy the new Aladdin DVD on Tuesday and found myself not sure of what I really wanted or needed.

I decided to ask you, my friends, to help me out by telling me what you are getting.

Please vote in the poll and then post your details and why you got what you did on the thread below.

Aladdin Disney Store Special Edition Pre-ordered
    Disney Store Special Editions:
    DVD/Lithos/Litho Frames $59.00*

DVD/Lithos/Plush/Pin $29.99*
    DVD/Lithos $19.99*

Aladdin Special Edition 2 Disc DVD $19.49**
    Your basic 2 Disc DVD that is on the shelves everywhere.

Aladdin Special Edition Gift Set $32.49**
    Gift set with book and lithos on shelves now.

* Disney Catalog Pricing
    ** Amazon pricing

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 10-08-2004 at 12:44 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I just bought the 2 disc set at Circuit City for $15.99. I didn't want the lithographs/plush/pins and all the other stuff that comes with the other versions for this film.

Pssst...Mbabe....where's the poll?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Where's the "I love Aladdin, best animated film in eons, and Jasmine is hot" option?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Sorry Lou... You'll just have to pick another option.

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 10-08-2004 at 03:43 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    OK... I found another option.

Look for this oh-so-very-special edition cover on the Aladdin DVD available in select stores, and with 17 BONUS musical numbers by Lou Mongello!!!

Arabian Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiights................ .....
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 10-08-2004 at 03:51 PM.
    Lou Mongello

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hey Lou,

I found it in the clearance section of Sam Goody's for $7.99!! ...kidding...
    cute pic!

Lou... my how you've changed.

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Target had it for $15.99 this week (thanks for the tip in another thread!). I've got a whole box of lithos from the VHS versions of all these movies and not enough walls for them.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I picked up the 2 DVD set on shelves now for $15.86 or something like that at Wal Mart. I don't need the other stuff to fill space on my shelves and walls.... I already have enough stuff up there.

Hmmm.... am I to think that Disney has blown me off? Hating my versions of "Prince Ali" that I sing in my car every morning on the way to work? Still no DVD.... and I watched the mailbox all day today. (heheh.. I know it's Sunday)
    Lou Mongello

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Hmmm.... am I to think that Disney has blown me off? Hating my versions of "Prince Ali" that I sing in my car every morning on the way to work? Still no DVD.... and I watched the mailbox all day today. (heheh.. I know it's Sunday)

and you will be dong a lot of staring tomorrow too (Columbus Day)
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I bought the Aladdin DVD Gift set ($32.49) but I think it was like $41 after tax, so maybe it was more here (I got it at Wal-mart on release date). Unfortunately, I haven't watched it yet but love the sketches it came with and the hardback book as well. I highly recommend getting this gift set as the extras themselves are worth the $41. Let us know which version you got, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend this. There is so much more information in the book alone that I didn't know about. It goes more in-depth than the DVD itself with the extras.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Lou, LOVE your very special edition dvd!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

cinderella_girl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Disneyland (mentally), Pacific Northwest (physically)
    I always pre-order the Disney DVD's and get the lithos. (For the Disney movies that I want and offer them.) I have lithos for Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Mulan, and Sleeping Beauty. (Although, only Snow White, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast have four lithos each.) I'm running out of room! Yikes!
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'January 07, 2006 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to 2006 WDW 1/2 marathon!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Running 13.1 mi w/ Mickey';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I'll let everyone guess which version I got. It's my favorite, so I own the boxed set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast