Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Disney on Ice in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I saw a commercial today saying that tickets go on sale for Disney on Ice on Friday for the October showing of Disney on Ice at The Palace of Auburn ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Disney on Ice

I saw a commercial today saying that tickets go on sale for Disney on Ice on Friday for the October showing of Disney on Ice at The Palace of Auburn Hills (near Detroit).
    I don't have any children but I love figure skating. How many of you have seen Disney on Ice, would you recommend it? I have not checked out the prices of tickets yet but am considering buying tickets to this for myself (or possible my fiance if I can drag him along).
    Are any of you going to this particular show? Or can anyone tell me if it was worth the money if you have seen Disney on Ice before?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    DIsney on Ice is sooooo much fun. I never went to one without a child but I am sure it would still be great. When the older DD was growing up we went to every one that showed in PGH for 10 years running.

The last one we went to was in April 2005 we actually drove out of state to go see it. LOL It was the 100 Years of Disney Magic tour. Very neat. Which tour is coming to you, they run about 4 or 5 different shows simultaniously across the country and Europe.? Each one usually focuses on a paritcular character or movie. The 100 years one pretty much covered everything.
    Hint; if you get seats near the ice, try to be on the end of a row-get ready to run down to the edge because as the show ends they will usually come over and do short little meet and greets(no autographs allowed-pictures are tho, but you have to be quick, MOBS OF PPL) I am upset because I took a nice shot of the Blue Fairy greeting my younger DD and it didnt turn out. WAHHH! She was just so sweet.

LMAO...had Donnie so flustered because I knew what was going to happen and litterally grabbed the kid off his lap and ran down the steps from the 5th row. LOL Hey we were up front and seconds later had about 4 ppl deep behind us.

Well it had everything from Nemo to Pinocchio on the commercial, I am guessing it was the 100 years, thanks for the info. It sounds great and I am going to look into it this Friday.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I saw Disney on Ice in Baltimore about 2 years ago. I bought fairly decent seats because I was going by myself and I figured I'd treat myself. I would have preferred to have been in the cheaper seats with fewer small children dragging around every gimmick that Disney had on sale. I loved the skating and loved the costumes, but wasn't impressed with all the little ones and their parents trooping over me to buy yet another bit of food or toy. So, if you are going for the skating, save yourself some cash and go higher up where there may be fewer little people. I should have moved up, but didn't consider that option till well into the program. Live and learn.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Hey Katy, it is the 100 Years of Disney that is coming to the Palace. Go on opening night....all tickets are $10 a seat (except for VIP). There isn't a bad seat in the house at the Palace for these shows. We take the boys to all of them and yes they are wonderful!!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Ed and I go every time they come to Fort Wayne, sometimes with kids, sometimes by ourselves. One of the best times we took two children who were in foster care (we are friends with the foster parents). They were so precious. They had never been taken to anything like that ever in their lives. The little girl (who was in Kindergarten at the time) went to school and told all the kids that we took her to Disney World. We figured to her that probably WAS Disney World.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    When is 100 years coming to the Palace, Lissa?

I believe it said October 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    When is 100 years coming to the Palace, Lissa?

Yep, opening night is Wednesday, October 11th as Katy stated. It's there through Sunday the 15th.