• Hate the idea entirely

0 0%
  • its a good gesture but not sure about the artists

4 80.00%
  • awsome

1 20.00%
  • this is amazing!

0 0%
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss New NBC 3D movie and 2 disc soundtrack in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; So heres the scoop i aquired from a certain musicians website. When Tim Burton's kinda-spooky, kinda-silly "The Nightmare Before Christmas" first lurked into theaters in October 1993, it was greeted ...
    tinkerj is offline A-Ticket holder

New NBC 3D movie and 2 disc soundtrack

So heres the scoop i aquired from a certain musicians website.
    When Tim Burton's kinda-spooky, kinda-silly "The Nightmare Before Christmas" first lurked into theaters in October 1993, it was greeted with lavish critical praise and ... well, that's about it.
    Though it would eventually go on to gross a respectable $50 million at the box office, the film struggled to connect with mainstream audiences and was regarded by execs at Disney as a bit of a flop — a grand, goth-lite experiment in stop-motion animation that failed to live up to commercial expectations.
    But when the film was released the following year on VHS, something amazing happened: "Nightmare" became massive, spawning merchandise and a devoted cult following that included tons of goth kids, their younger siblings, basically every emo-punk band on the planet and a whole lot of decidedly un-emo acts too.
    So when Disney announced earlier this year that it planned to bring "Nightmare" back to the big screen — it arrives in select theaters October 20 in a fancy, digital 3-D format — the logical decision was to reach out to some of those bands to supply music for the film.
    As it turns out, a whole lot of them were more than happy to comply. Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, Marilyn Manson, Fiona Apple and She Wants Revenge will all appear on a special two-disc edition of the "Nightmare" soundtrack, contributing cover versions of songs featured in the film. The double-disc set will hit stores October 24.
    Now, i am a HUGE marylin manson fan, but i realize that not every (actually most) disney fans are not. in my opinion this is an amazing step on disney's part and im very proud. I think that he, and the other bands listed, have the perfect sound to bring these songs to life as not just a soundtrack but as music for music's sake.
    For a bit more info: :http://www.mansonusa.com/php-bin/new...ews.php?id=394
    ... Only the most elegant.

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    While I'm a fan of Disney and like some of Manson's MUSIC, I think the two should be seperated. NBC is a great movie but I'm not a big fan of the demographic.