Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Pirates 3 is NOT the end!! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; ‘Pirates 3’ will end trilogy but not sequel - There’s a bit of good news for ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ fans all over the world. From SAS news: London, Sept ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Pirates 3 is NOT the end!!

‘Pirates 3’ will end trilogy but not sequel - There’s a bit of good news for ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ fans all over the world.

From SAS news:

London, Sept 17: There’s a bit of good news for Pirates of the Caribbean fans all over the world.

Disney head honchos have revealed that though the third ‘Pirates’ film will conclude the trilogy, it was “unlikely” that it will be the last sequel of the mega-hit movie.

Mark Zoradi, president of the Disney Motion Pictures Group said that the eagerly awaited third movie may not be the last Pirates film.

"The third film... will conclude the initial Pirates trilogy, though it is unlikely to be the last Pirates sequel," the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying.

With the second movie in the series, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, become the third film to passing the 1 billion dollar mark at the worldwide box office, bosses have decided to globally release the third and final flick in the series on 25 May 2007, rather than a gradual worldwide release. (ANI)

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Although I'm a mega Pirates fan, I'm not sure what to think about this! I think maybe doing more after the third might spoil it a bit. Quit while you're ahead maybe? On the other hand, if they kept making them to the same standard as the last two, then I have no problem with it!
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Translation: if it's going to make us this much money, we'll keep making sequels until the this cash cow is dead in the water (to mix a few metaphors).
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The Pirates franchise is to Disney what Star Wars is to Lucas... A success that will be pushed in our faces as long as there is a demand for it.. And there will be.. I will be in line on opening night to see Pirates 3.. I will be in the theaters to see Star Wars in 3D... I will be there for Pirates 4, 5, 6...20 As long as the franchise is still good and not too watered down....
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    If you build it, they will come....and I'll be at the head of the line as long as the storyline stays as good as the first 2.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    OMG YES!!!

There's hope for us yet!
    Ok I gotta go tell my friend Morgan (ENORMOUS pirates fan)
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Sounds like if they do it again, they will be using new pirates for the forth one.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Ahoy!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Valawen9 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I wonder if they same people will be in the sequel...

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Just the news I wanted to hear. Jack is the best character ever created.

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Valawen9 View Post
    I wonder if they same people will be in the sequel...
    Johnny Depp said he wanted to do more after the trilogy is over.

Valawen9 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Johnny Depp said he wanted to do more after the trilogy is over.

Yayyy

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    As long as my Johnny Depp is in the film, I will see it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and oh you know. =]
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I would love to see more pirates movies after the 3rd one is released, as long as they are as good as the ones that came before them.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Dnphm is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the news Lou! I was just about to post the same thing, you beat me to it.

One thing's for sure, PirateMania, as Nathan would say, will still be "RuNninG WiLD!!".

-Dnphm

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast