Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Mary Poppins on Broadway in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I am taking my girlfriend to see Mary Poppins on Broadway next Saturday and we are both extremly excited. Has anyone seen it yet? I would like to hear your ...
    wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder

Mary Poppins on Broadway

I am taking my girlfriend to see Mary Poppins on Broadway next Saturday and we are both extremly excited. Has anyone seen it yet? I would like to hear your opinions about it. Srry to be a pain here, but nothing about the London production, I have heard plenty of amazing reviews already, but I want to know about the NYC version. Thanks!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    OMG!!!! You are going to see Ashley Brown!!!! I saw her 2 times in On the Record and then as Belle and wow...i get goosebumps evertime I hear her sing!!! I <3 her!!! She has a phenominal voice....I am hoping for Opening Night Tickets!!! Wait for Ashley after the show and try to get a picture for me!!! You will love it!!!

OMG I can't believe you are actually going to see Ashley Brown....so exciting
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I haven't seen it yet but I heard today on the news they had to cancel tonights performance due to some mechnanical glitches (it was either tonight or last night's performance)
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun View Post
    OMG!!!! You are going to see Ashley Brown!!!! I saw her 2 times in On the Record and then as Belle and wow...i get goosebumps evertime I hear her sing!!! I <3 her!!! She has a phenominal voice....I am hoping for Opening Night Tickets!!! Wait for Ashley after the show and try to get a picture for me!!! You will love it!!!

OMG I can't believe you are actually going to see Ashley Brown....so exciting

I was wondering how long it would take you to post on this thread!

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    I was lucky enough to have tickets for the first night of previews - and it was SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!!!

Funny someone should mention technical troubles - during our performance just after "Perfect Nanny" the stage went dark, and the producer came out to address the audience. Apparently there were issues lowering the nursery... After a 5-10 minute delay, the show went on with no further issues...

The story differs a bit from the Disney version - having not read the book - I can't say if it is true to the original story. We learn more about why Mr. Banks is the way he is. We meet HIS nanny Mrs. Andrews, and we see Mrs. Banks as a much stronger character.

I would not hesitate to see it again!!! Enjoy the show!!!
    Last edited by Dumbogal; 10-28-2006 at 10:57 AM.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Going to take the kids in December as one of their Christmas gifts. Yes the perks of living so close to NYC lol

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Amen to that Jediprincess, I love living on Long Island, just a short train ride to the greatest city in the world. But anyway, thanks everyone! I cannot wait, I just hope that my show doesn't get cancelled.

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Cool posts I'm going to see Mary Poppins next Spring Break and after I that I'm seein either Lion King or Tarzan on May 16th Any reviews?

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks_ahoy View Post
    Cool posts I'm going to see Mary Poppins next Spring Break and after I that I'm seein either Lion King or Tarzan on May 16th Any reviews?

Nick have to tell you Lion King is a site to behold. It's a must. My children and I went in September and we just loved it. Since I only live 12 miles from NYC (we live in NJ)we get to go into the city a lot so or next show is Mary Poppins, then Beatuy and the Beast and then Trazan. I must say we are very lucky to have the Magic of Disney in our backyard

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks_ahoy View Post
    from what i've heard from those who have seen it (not magazines or reviews but first-hand), Tarzan wasn't as good as they thought it would be. unfortunately, they said that it was just okay, bordering on bad. not to be a downer or anything
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010 View Post
    from what i've heard from those who have seen it (not magazines or reviews but first-hand), Tarzan wasn't as good as they thought it would be. unfortunately, they said that it was just okay, bordering on bad. not to be a downer or anything
    The reviews haven't been too good either. If I recall correctly, the only Tony nominations it got was for lighting...and it lost that. I was planning on seeing it, but opted to see Mary Poppins instead.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Ok, so I saw it last night, and it was just a amazing show. The whole cast was practically perfect in every way. I did go to the back of the theater and my girlfriend got both Ashley Brown and Gavin Lee's autographs. Both of them where extremly nice and happy to sign. Even the security guard was handing out sharpees and cracking jokes. When Michael came out he had a little razor scooter and just went on his merry way...lol. All in all it was a perfect night and Disney never ceases to amaze me.

ok....so how much for Ashley and Gavin's autographs...any pictures...please post...very very jealous. I'm hoping for Christmas I can get tickets!!!
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

No pics, sorry... And I dont think that my girlfriend is going to be selling her program anytime soon. Shes a huge broadway fan and she loves collecting things like that...expecially autographed stuff. But anyway, definatly go, it was amazing!

but...but...but....it ashley brown!!! pretty pretty pretty please...with a set of mickey ears on top!!!!!

yes...i'm hoping for a christmas gift...
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast