Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Pirates of the Caribbean DVD Review in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Sorry, it's quite long, I hope it makes sense to you all, as I was in a bit of a hurry when I wrote this! So we get 5 hours ...
    Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Pirates of the Caribbean DVD Review

Sorry, it's quite long, I hope it makes sense to you all, as I was in a bit of a hurry when I wrote this!

So we get 5 hours of extras? The first movie had 10 hours, so we’ve been short changed somewhere, but never mind…

First off, I have to say that the interactive menus are rather nice. They’re not too over the top, but not too boring either, they’re just right …Oh, and if you find them (it’s not too hard to) there are a few ‘hidden’ extras throughout the menus on disc two, but I’ll let you find them!

On disc one you have the movie, obviously, and I don’t really need to say anything about that. The only other extra on that disc is the ‘Bloopers of the Caribbean’, just your average bloopers, nicely put together, very funny .

The first of the many extras on disc two is ‘Charting the Return’. On this section, the production team of Pirates explain how they went about making a second movie, and show you everything from location scouting in the Caribbean, to casting extremely skinny pirates! This section is in the form of a timeline, and is an interesting insight into what really goes on behind the scenes, with interviews with the producers, directors, and lots of other members of the crew.
    Next we have ‘According to Plan’, which is sort of a follow on from the previous documentary, but with a more up-beat feel. We are shown a lot of filming in the Caribbean islands, including the filming of that gigantic spinning wheel, and how they did the ‘bone cage’ sequences. These two documentaries are rather lengthy, but very interesting for Pirates fans and movie buffs!

Then we have ‘Captain Jack, from Head to Toe’, this is a good one for Johnny Depp fans, so I’m very happy with it You are taken through each aspect of his costumes, from his wig to his rings, and of course, his make-up. In fact, as Johnny is being interviewed about his costumes etc, he is sitting in the make-up chair, being turned into our favourite pirate.
    Next we have ‘Mastering the Blade’. When the menu came up I was like ‘where’s Johnny Depp?!’, because the only three names to choose from are Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightly and Jack Davenport. Of course, this is all about the sword fights and co-ordination that these three actors have to do in the movie…This is a good one for Keira fans, because there’s a whole section of her sword-fighting! There’s also a hidden feature in this menu, but I’ll let you find it yourselves!
    Next up is ‘Meet Davy Jones: Anatomy of a Legend’. What can I say, it’s all about Davy Jones himself, and we’re shown how a man in a body suit can be transformed into a living legend by using digital imagery. This is another long part of the DVD, but is top notch stuff, just as we expect from Disney.

'Creating the Kraken’, this brings back memories from 20, 000 Leagues Under the Sea, and it is mentioned. This explains itself, and it is a bit like the Davy Jones section.
    Now, the bit for Disney park fans, ‘Dead Men Tell New Tales: Re-Imagineering the Attraction’, including an appearance by X. Atencio. I really like this section, because it includes the video of Johnny Depp riding Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as an insight into the Audio Animatronics and how they were made.
    Next is ‘Fly on the Set: The Bone Cage’. We saw a little about this earlier, but this is just a more in-depth look, which is quite fun .
    Almost finished! ‘Jerry Bruckheimer: A Producer’s Photo Diary’ is our second last feature, and does pretty much what it says on the tin. We have Mr. Bruckheimer talking throughout, are shown some of his on set photos, and he talks about the main actors of the movie.

Last but definitely not least, is ‘Pirates on Main Street: The Dead Man’s Chest Premiere’. I know that some of you lucky ducks were there on the day, but this is still a very nice little feature for people to remember the day by (as if you could forget!). A lot of shouting, a lot of flashing, signing, and a lot of fun! I’m a very jealous girl, of course, watching this, but it is really nice to be able to pop in the DVD and remember the day.
    Overall, this is a wonderful DVD (obviously, it’s POTC!) And I think you should all definitely go and buy it as soon as you have the chance!
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    How did you know about all this stuff on the DVD? Do you have connections or something or just found it on the web? But thanks for letting us know. I'm looking forward to getting it. I could not wait until Christmas, so mine's on reserve.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Thank you very much for the info!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13