Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Who's Excited for Pirates?!? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; So I hope most of you POTC fans know that Dec. 5th, a Tuesday is the day that POTC 2: Dead Man's Chest is finally released on DVD. It comes ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Talking Who's Excited for Pirates?!?

So I hope most of you POTC fans know that Dec. 5th, a Tuesday is the day that POTC 2: Dead Man's Chest is finally released on DVD. It comes in a single or two-disc special edition. I paid the extra $5 to get the 2-disc on reserve. Worth the money. But, I'm so excited!!! I actually saw the movie at my school (for free through a sponsor)! How awesome is that? Now I've seen the movie twice. And I waited 'til the very end to see what happens after the credits, but it wasn't anything leading towards the third movie. Anyway, I hope there are some other eager fans out there just like me waiting for the movie!!! Whoop whoop!

P.S. I am still curious about the apple that Barbossa eats in both movies. Hope I didn't ruin it for those who haven't seen it. Does anyone know if it has a symbolic meaning to the movie or to his character? Anyway, thanks.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm hoping that Gift Givers know that POTC comes out on the 5th! LOL Can't wait to see it again, and again and again.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFan08 View Post
    P.S. I am still curious about the apple that Barbossa eats in both movies. Hope I didn't ruin it for those who haven't seen it. Does anyone know if it has a symbolic meaning to the movie or to his character? Anyway, thanks.
    I've noticed that too! I'm like, "What the heck is up with that?!" Maybe there's more to the Apple-Barbossa mystery in the third movie, which I am OH SO EXCITED FOR!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    How come it doesn't come out till Dec in the US? It has been out for a week of so here.

I watched it last night!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I pre-ordered the movie too, at the Disney Store. I LOVE the poster that comes with it too!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha36 View Post
    How come it doesn't come out till Dec in the US? It has been out for a week of so here.

I watched it last night!
    That's interesting (I sound like Capt. Jack Sparrow). Huh, I dunno. But lucky you. I've just one more week, though. Hopefully the snow here will clear up in enough time so I can go pick it up. Anyway, that's cool for y'all, though.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFan08 View Post
    So I hope most of you POTC fans know that Dec. 5th, a Tuesday is the day that POTC 2: Dead Man's Chest is finally released on DVD. It comes in a single or two-disc special edition. I paid the extra $5 to get the 2-disc on reserve. Worth the money. But, I'm so excited!!! I actually saw the movie at my school (for free through a sponsor)! How awesome is that? Now I've seen the movie twice. And I waited 'til the very end to see what happens after the credits, but it wasn't anything leading towards the third movie. Anyway, I hope there are some other eager fans out there just like me waiting for the movie!!! Whoop whoop!

I already Reserved my copy.
    as for the apple... In the first Movie Barbossa said,"When I'm alive again the first thing I'm going to do is eat an entire bushel of apples." I'm glad you noticed too because my friends didn't notice it at all

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

I watched it last night!

LOL, Tasha - You stole my thunder!!

I was just going to let everybody know that it has been out over a week over here in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

I watched it last night!
    That's okay...most other movies come out here a month or so ahead of you guys

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    LOL, Tasha - You stole my thunder!!

I was just going to let everybody know that it has been out over a week over here in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lightning always comes after thunder! Case and point....look when Cars came out over here and when it came out over there!

And my 6 year old is BEYOND excited for Tuesday!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    ... Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks_ahoy View Post
    I already Reserved my copy.
    as for the apple... In the first Movie Barbossa said,"When I'm alive again the first thing I'm going to do is eat an entire bushel of apples." I'm glad you noticed too because my friends didn't notice it at all

OHHH GOOD CATCH!!!! now im gonna have to watch the first one to catch that line! i cant wait for my copy... i want to buy it on tuesday, but i know my parents already preorded it for me at the disney store for christmas. it stinks though... my dad kept the poster!!! LOL
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    lol it comes out the day before i go to disney think they'll let me redeem my reciept in-park or at the resort

firemedic is online now Premium Annual Passholder
    My 4 year old daughter is about to drive me crazy to get it. I was going to give it to her for christmas, but I don't think I can wait that long.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

joplin4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    TEXAS!!--The greatest state in the Union (IMO)
    In case anyone missed it, I've had a POTC avatar up since July. Actually, I've just been too lazy to change it. But I am definitely stoked. I can't wait for giftgivers. I want it NOW!!!
    Celebrating Walt Disney's birthday all month long with some of my favorite Walt Disney avatars. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALT!!!!

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."--Walt Disney

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was going to order mine from the Disney Store, but I was disappointed that in lieu of the usual film cell (or something similar), all we got was a poster- that I already have, by the way.

I went the Wal-Mart route- much better deal. I got the 2-disc special edition, AND with it, a bonus disc with all the special features not included on the 2-disc (instead, those are on the 1-disc edition.)

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast