Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Mickey Mouse stamps (handmade) in the Disneyana forums; I hope the title of that doesn't completely fool you. When I went to Disney World and then Disney's Vero Beach Resort this past Christmas, I had the opportunity to ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Mickey Mouse stamps (handmade)

I hope the title of that doesn't completely fool you. When I went to Disney World and then Disney's Vero Beach Resort this past Christmas, I had the opportunity to paint a mug. As a DVC member, it was a couple of bucks cheaper. Anyway, I went w/ a friend and I had no idea what to paint on my mug, but I knew I wanted it to be themed to Disney/Mickey Mouse. So, I had to get my creative juices flowing and started painting the rim w/ Mickey's signature red and then, with the Q-tips that were available, I dipped just the tip of the Q-tip into black paint very carefully and did 2 gentle dots about a dot-size apart and then, I put a bigger dot w/ the same Q-tip by pressing harder to make a Mickey head. If you go to, "You Know You're Obsessed With Disney..." forum, I posted pictures of the mug that I painted. I thought I'd just let y'all know that if you ever wanted to be super creative and crafty and PATIENT to put your own Mickey Mouse stamps as a border. I'm very proud of that mug, even though the border lines are not perfectly clean, but oh well. Have fun scrapbooking or so!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Cool idea! I'll have to check it out on the other thread.
    I have a Brother embroidery machine and used a Mickey pattern to make a note pad holder for the refrigerator. It's a one of a kind!

Checked out the mug pics. I'm impressed with the Disney signature. I don't think I could have done that without having something from which to copy.
    Last edited by mini-V; 01-15-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: added comment
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Can you post the link to that thread please?
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Cool idea! I'll have to check it out on the other thread.
    I have a Brother embroidery machine and used a Mickey pattern to make a note pad holder for the refrigerator. It's a one of a kind!

Checked out the mug pics. I'm impressed with the Disney signature. I don't think I could have done that without having something from which to copy.
    Although I'm not artistically challenged, so I actually did have something copy. There were plates where we put the paint on, and they were Disney paper plates, so I wouldn't have been able to do it unless I had something w/ a Disney signature in front of me. I wouldn't lie or brag about it.

As for Fran, I re-posted the pictures below. Hope that helps. If you have questions, let me know!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Very nice job, quite impressive!
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports