Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss using printed fonts in the Disneyana forums; OK all you talented scrappers, I have a question. I usually hand write by titles and journaling, but for my "title page" for my DW trip book I want to ...
    cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

using printed fonts

OK all you talented scrappers, I have a question. I usually hand write by titles and journaling, but for my "title page" for my DW trip book I want to use the "waltograph" font. I figured out how to download the font and have printed it on regular paper and like the way it looks on the page. My question is this: do I just put my cardstock through my printer and then tape it to my page or am I completely missing some insider scrapbooking technique? The 12 x 12 paper won't fit in my printer.

Any suggestions or it is really as easy as printing the text on, in this case, white cardstock?

This is what I am trying to accomplish:

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Try printing it on vellum. That way you wont see the edges of the cardstock as easy. Attach it with some cute brads or maybe mickey eyelets or those cool little glue dots that I never seem to get around to splurging on. You could even use a colored vellum to set it off more-red would really pop on that layout you have pictured.

Anyone else? Good luck
    BTW--took me a while to figure out how to download it too
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    http://www.abstractfonts.com/newfonts/ use this site for lots of free fonts ( i believe there are over 5 or so Disney related type fonts.... you just have to look for them.

As for the type on the page, Avery product sell at most office supply store a box of CLEAR full page ( 8 1/2 x 11 ) sticker sheets, Just print what ever you want... in any color , cut it out and stick it on your 12 x 12 page. It is hard to use glue under vellum with out it showing , which is why these sheets are great. If you need to make a wider headline make you page landscape and then you can print about a 10 1/2 inch wide headline. Just a note try to Fill Up the page with type, journeling, etc and then print as not to waste the sheets. Good Luck & let me know it works out.

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Cool sdale. I always wondered how to get something like that put on a page. Never thot to go to an office supply store to look for it. thnx
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Both ideas are great suggestions. There is an Office Depot very conveniently next door to a Joann craft store. I already need to go to OD for something else and have a rewards card with some credit so I can pick up the labels for free (!) and pick up some vellum too. I've never used vellum before. Now if I could only get to the store without the kids!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by cjborne2 View Post
    Now if I could only get to the store without the kids!
    Some things are just beyond the abilities of this forum, unfortunately.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I always print and cut out titles and mat them onto the same card as my photos.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Okay, I'm all about the clear sticker paper now. Gotta get me some of that.

You people are always thinking of ways for me to spend my money!
    They call me "Nana"

Office Depot had their own brand of clear sheets. 25 for about $15. Then, I went into the craft store for red vellum. Didn't have any, but I did manage to spend nearly $23 which isn't too bad I guess.

I was looking through a magazine today and apparently Avery has a whole line of products. www.avery.com/homecorner . I haven't checked the site out yet though.

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    I knew of the Avery brand, so thats why i mentioned that brand, I'm glad you found it cheaper, by getting the store brand. I have been scrapbooking for years, also I am a graphic artist, so i use many unconventional products to scrapbook with. I have even printed on fabric. I used the photo mount ( spray glue ) and glued the fabric to a sheet of paper and printed right on it, peeled it off and used it on my page. ( The fabric has to be thin )

Cjborne, if you want to print on your 12x12 paper fold the excess behind and just use that sheet alone in the feeder tray and it usually pulls it in no problem, it will take practice setting it up so you get the type to print just where you want it, but its works great once you have the technique down.
    Just a note anytime you are feeding a sheet of paper thru your printer that is folded or thicker, be sure it is the ONLY piece in the feeder tray so there wont be a problem seperating the pc. to feed in.

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......