Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What size album do you use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss What size album do you use? in the Disneyana forums; I always use 12 x 12 for my own albums....I like to layer, and use lots of pictures so 12 x 12 is my favorite. I have also made 3 ...
    baccimia is offline Fastpass Holder
    I always use 12 x 12 for my own albums....I like to layer, and use lots of pictures so 12 x 12 is my favorite.

I have also made 3 - 8x8 albums as gifts. They are such a fun size to work with! One, maybe two pictures and some embellishments and you have a insta album! It is a lot of fun to sit down and make a gift album and see progress in a short afternoon!

A little pixie dust can fix anything!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by baccimia View Post

I have also made 3 - 8x8 albums as gifts. They are such a fun size to work with! One, maybe two pictures and some embellishments and you have a insta album! It is a lot of fun to sit down and make a gift album and see progress in a short afternoon!
    Yes I just started an 8x8 album for my mom last weekend. I got at least 6 or 7 pages done in about 2 hours. Hopefully it will only take me one other afternoon to finish it.

For my own scrapbooks I would rather use 12x12 but for gifts the 8x8 are really nice and quick.
    It takes me forever to finish 6 pages in a 12x12 though, lol!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

baccimia is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    Yes I just started an 8x8 album for my mom last weekend. I got at least 6 or 7 pages done in about 2 hours. Hopefully it will only take me one other afternoon to finish it.

For my own scrapbooks I would rather use 12x12 but for gifts the 8x8 are really nice and quick.
    It takes me forever to finish 6 pages in a 12x12 though, lol!

The last gift album I did was for my mom's birthday. My sister lives in North Carolina, I am in Kentucky and mom is in Michigan so my sister is presenting her with pages for her album that she made, I am going to wrap the empty album and my pages seperate and when we are all together in NC in two weeks she gets to open them ! I love giving scrapbooks as gifts!

When you do your albums do you have one theme carried throughout or do you mix it up?

A little pixie dust can fix anything!

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    I like to use the 12 by 12 album for my own stuff, since I love having all the room to work with..... plus, I am an obsessive photograph taker. I went for a conference last November, did four half-days in the parks.... and took roughly 300 pictures. So I need all the space I can get
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by hafrase View Post
    I like to use the 12 by 12 album for my own stuff, since I love having all the room to work with..... plus, I am an obsessive photograph taker. I went for a conference last November, did four half-days in the parks.... and took roughly 300 pictures. So I need all the space I can get
    So when are you going to post your pages? We want to see!

cinderellamom is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've done mostly 12 x 12 also - though I have a few 6 x 6 that I did as quick, easy single subject albums and they were a lot of fun but nowhere near as much room to embellish!
    All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt Disney

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I started an 8X8 album as a gift for my mom, and the only store I have found that sells seperate sheets of 8X8 paper is Micheals. Only problem is I have used all the designs that I like!
    I even went to this scrapbook store in my town that is huge and they have all kinds of paper everywhere but not 8X8. I guess I could cut some 81/2 by 11 but I don't have a paper cutter and I am not the straightest cutter (if that even makes sense).

I am getting a little frustrated.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    I started an 8X8 album as a gift for my mom, and the only store I have found that sells seperate sheets of 8X8 paper is Micheals. Only problem is I have used all the designs that I like!
    I even went to this scrapbook store in my town that is huge and they have all kinds of paper everywhere but not 8X8. I guess I could cut some 81/2 by 11 but I don't have a paper cutter and I am not the straightest cutter (if that even makes sense).

I am getting a little frustrated.
    Die Cut with a View (DCWV) and Hot off the Press(HOTP) are main companies that makes 8x8 paper, but you have to buy it in stacks (or slabs as they are sometimes called) and most of the time those stacks are themed. Check out Paperwishes.com for HOTP stacks and diecutswithaview.com for DCWV stacks. The best place I found to buy DCVW stacks is Joanns.

Other than that you need a 12x12 cutter. You can find them for as little as $10 and if watch for a coupon, you can get a better one for almost 1/2 price. I believe Michael's will be having a 50% off coupon either this weekend or next because of Easter. The best low to mid ranged cutter to buy is the Cutterped by EK. It's $25without a coupon.

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    So when are you going to post your pages? We want to see!
    When I finally get my scrapbook stuff unpacked from my move, and then my pictures developed, I'll start working on it
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by hafrase View Post
    When I finally get my scrapbook stuff unpacked from my move, and then my pictures developed, I'll start working on it
    I'm going to hold you to that! Good luck unpacking!

TreysMomma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have used 8.5x11, 8x8, and 12x12. I like the 8x8 for when I only have 1 picture for the certain type of page I want to do...but then I'm a picture taking addict, but I like the 12x12 to have more room. I did a wedding book for my mom and step-dad in an 8.5x11 and it turned out great, I just didn't find many pages that I liked in that size.
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

1995-Offsite ~ 1997-All Star Sports ~ 2004-Pop Century ~ 2007-Fort Wilderness
    2009 - Unknown

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I like 12x12 as it allows me to have more fun with my pages and add more pictures/emblishments to them.

Kheprismom is offline A-Ticket holder
    I always have so much stuff I want to put in the album that I need to use 12 x 12 so I have enough room. I find I can't just choose one picture out of all the great ones so I want to use them all.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I personally use a 12x12 but my friend Alyssa (her mom works for creative memories) sometimes use a 8.5x11 but she usually uses a 12x12.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12