Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss anyone heard of easy made memories in the Disneyana forums; Hi, I am new to this board. I am excited to be here. My name is Aspen, and my family and I just got back from a great disney world ...
    aspen is offline A-Ticket holder

anyone heard of easy made memories

Hi, I am new to this board. I am excited to be here. My name is Aspen, and my family and I just got back from a great disney world

I have lots of photos I would like to put into some sort of scrapbook. My friend told me about this free program called Easy Made Memories. She apparently took all of her photos and little videos and turned them into a great scrapbook of her trip, she even put her own voice narration in. She said it was fun & easy, and the DVD looked wonderful.

Has anyone else used this program? Any advice?

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I'd be interested in hearing about digital scrapbooking products as well. My wife bought a product from Nova called Scrapbook Factory Deluxe last month, and it won't install so I'm going to have to get a refund for it. We're looking for something else to use instead.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I have not heard of either of those products. A lot of digital scrapbookers use Photoshop Elements or Photoshop. One of the members here is a digital scrapper and I think she uses either Paint or Paint Shop Pro.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I just took a look at the program. I don't see anything wrong with it, it seems to be easy to use. What isn't clear until you get to where you actually want to create a DVD is that you can't actually create the DVD at all. You can create and layout the content for a DVD, but in order to actually have a DVD you must submit your completed design to the software's maker online, and for $21.95 they will send you a DVD.

From what I can see, it seems like you probably end up with a pretty decent, professional product. But the price seems a bit steep to me, and it really bothers me that they aren't more upfront about the fact that the software won't make a DVD, and that you have to pay them if you want one.

On the other hand, if you're looking to print out pages for a physical scrapbook, it looks like this software will do that for you no problem (although I can't find any way to orient pages in portrait mode).

For my purposes, I will have to keep looking.

Tony

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I do digital scrapping and use Paint Shop Pro X. I love it! Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are popular choices, but any graphics program that uses layers will work. I wouldn't spend the money on exclusive scrapbook programs as you will be very limited in what you can create. It takes a bit more time to learn the graphics programs and you may be more frustrated at first, but it is certainly worth it in the end. If you want to look into digital, there are a ton of websites available with tons of tutorials and information. They have freebies for you to try it out as well. A couple of sites to try:

www.scrapgirls.com
    www.digitalscrapbookplace.com
    http://www.scrapbook-elements.com/sbe/
    http://www.3scrapateers.com/

That should get you started, Google can help you find hundreds more if you are interested. I'd be glad to answer any questions if you have them.
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Fran
    not getting off topic but i just noticed yur 2 tickers! That is soooo funny and soooo cool that yu are planning yur babies first trip to disney while he/she (sorry didnt remember what yu are having) is still in the womb! now THATS disney obsessed! BUT I LOVE IT!!! id do the same thing if i could!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    LOL! It's not me, it's DH!! We found out about baby last August and had WDW plans for Sept 27-Oct 4 and DH considered cancelling them... for 1 second! Then he discussed how we wouldn't go back to WDW until baby is much older, we don't want to take an infant to WDW... no no no blah blah blah! Luckily, he is going through major WDW withdrawal and is very anxious to go back!! So I'm 8 mos preg and planning my WDW trip!

Now if only choosing a name were as easy as planning a WDW trip! (And it's a girl)
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports