Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Anyone have this book? in the Disneyana forums; I am on Joannes website and I am thinking of buying this book. http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?C...0&PRODID=86037 Has anyone seen it? I wonder if the ideas are any good. I see there are ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Anyone have this book?

I am on Joannes website and I am thinking of buying this book.

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?C...0&PRODID=86037

Has anyone seen it? I wonder if the ideas are any good. I see there are pages in it to use as well. I am guessing they are for 8 1/2 by 11?
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 03-28-2007 at 12:19 PM.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    What is the book?

Omg I am so sorry, I forgot to post the link to it.

Ok it is up in the first post now.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I personally would not buy it. I have some Disney paper, most of it sent to be by Marie who obviously had no use for it, and I'm finding it hard to use. The pages are 8 1/2 x 11, which means it is only good for mattings and/or embellishments. Some of it (like the Small World paper) you wouldn't want to cut, so what do you do with it?
    They call me "Nana"

It's a good book for someone starting out. I have one in the scrapbook lot for the auction that someone donated and the ideas and paper piecing patterns are really cute. The paper is good for mats and works really well for cards.

I'm glad you said that April because I just clicked the purchase button. I was trying to spend 35 to get the free shipping and I would like an idea book even if it is not real elaborate. I am not that great at scrapping anyways so maybe the ideas will be perfect for me.

So the paper is 8 1/2 by 11? Maybe I will buy that size album for my next book.

I have been scrapping for years and when I received it for the auction I thought "this is kinda cool...the paper piece patterns are nice". If you look at the IASW thread at T-nina's layout, the paper she used to make the flap is from that book. Even though it is 8.5x11 paper, you may still want to use a 12x12 album, because the paper is really busy, so if you mix it with soild cardstock you can tone it down.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Some of it (like the Small World paper) you wouldn't want to cut, so what do you do with it?
    Use it as a title page, do like you did with the IASW layout, glue it to word or chipboard and cut it into a puzzle, or one of the other ideas I had for it that I am drawing a blank on right now.

Papers like that I use as backgrounds in frames and display pins on it.

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Is it available at regular stores too?
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

I have seen it Michaels before.